Interesting...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by IGotTheCottons, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Did you know that when you die your body weight instantly drops by something like 27 grams?

Wonder what that could be... Your soul maybe?

2. I heard it was like 15 grams but i believe it your soul leaving your body.

3. That's really interesting. Do you have a link to information about the phenomenon?

4. There was a movie.....

My soul weighs a whole ounce. It would only make sense. :)

5. whaat? I need some info on this mess!

6. Mmmmh those experiments were conducted even before the war...did they actually hyave instruments sophisticated enough for this?

If you take a 80 kg body (that's 80,000g), 21 g is pretty little. I think it's kinda hard to measure and would like to see the experiment repeated with modern technology

7. it could be something silly like it's your foul rotting odours or maybe that you're DEAD and your body is decomposing..

8. But it's instantaneous... As in, as soon as you die, you're 21 grams lighter... *poof*... gone. It takes a while for you to lose weight do to decomposition.

9. Yes, as our brave soldier said...might be a breath. Air ahs weight, too. Anyway...I still want the experiment verified with modern technology.

After all...before people knew about physics, they thought lightning was some god being angry (over here it was Thor).

10. could be gas, dont u release that when u die

11. 21 grams of air? Nah... Air has weight, but not that much.

12. I agree with Skinner, that was a long time ago, until there are some modern day tests, it could be anything.... or nothing at all

13. don't you shit your pants when you die because the muscles dead and all? Mayb thats it

14. yes as soon as you die you shit and piss your pants...at least you don't have to clean it up though!

15. sorry to double post but I found this on the above website:
    With a nod to best scientific practice, MacDougall then repeated the study with 15 dogs, which according to his religious beliefs, were not blessed with souls. It's not clear how MacDougall managed to get his dogs to

I thought all dogs go to heavan!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nah....only the ones that don't shit on our crocket lawn