Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

interesting study on marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by johnnycool, Mar 24, 2008.

1. they did a new study (jan 08) and i found it interesting

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080123104017.htm

and before anybody runs up in this thread saying its all bullshit propaganda, id like to point out that that site also has articles that say mj smoke is less likely to cause cancer than tobacco smoke..

2. Thank you for the article.

It's beyond me how people continually monitor articles pertaining to the effects marijuana has on health. It's not a wonder drug, like everything else it has negative side effects. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs, end of story. Weed does good things for your body, but it also has its negative aspects. Vaporization increases those positives and decreases the negatives.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Dozens of studies are going to prove marijuana is harmless, and dozens of studies are going to prove it destroys your body. Smoke the shit, or don't. The end.

Just my .02, i wasnt dissing the OP or anything :)

3. Vape or Eat it bitches!!!

:D

4. Very nice article. glad you shared it.

5. I think its wrong personally. Seen plenty of shit like this on trusted sites.

6. not dissing anyone or any of these sites but,
    that same site has a link to the
    'one joint is equel to five ciggarettes' thing
    soooo.....YEA.
    just pointing it out

7. Id like to point out that marijuana has yet to be linked to cancer.

As for the study, vaps ftw

8. The study states that the reason for the problem is because marijuana smokers hold their hits for a lot longer and more deeply. I've read in many posts that just about all of the thc is absorbed in about 3 seconds. Because of this I only inhale for a few seconds. Most of my friends I know and myself do not hold the smoke in as long as we possibly can. I really don't know where they are getting those claims from.