Interesting question about ph.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edwardvanhalen, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I think I may be having a ph issue but I read on this one site that if you use pure water, like the kind you would buy at a grocery store, the ph wouldn't be an issue because the ph is probably perfect. What do you guys think of this because I need a nice clean ph'd water. I don't want to spend money on a ph test kit to only find out I need ph up or down.

Right now for watering I just use the water that comes out of my fridge. It's fine drinking water that comes out , but it's not as pure as a gallon of good water from a store I think. What do you guys think? Sorry if I'm posting about stupid things but I just really need help on this one. Thanks

2. I'm gonna sound like a dick here but if you're using water from your fridge you probably aren't working with much so the PH oversight isn't going to affect your yield all that much.

Patience and not constantly checking your grow are two fine pillars to start growing with. Details follow.

3. Your not sounding like a dick at all. The water from my fridge is filtered that's why I think it might have fine ph.
    The thing is, I've been using this water for this entire grow (5 weeks) and never had a problem. That's why I think it's a nute problem. What do you think.

4. Well I guess I will find out soon enough, thanks.

5. You need to fill in some basics like what are you growing in..under what.. how many. 5 weeks plain water okay in soil is venture but start considering some sort of feeding.

6. You need to do some research. Either way, at this point you're just growing some shabby midgrade. You need to finish the plant study and try again, Ph isn't the same as ppm. You're completely not understanding what ph is. Water bottles dont come at a perfect ph for plants.. a water bottle can be acidic or alkaline. Being purified doesn't have anything to do with its ph. Your soil has lost its buffer its all used up. It can't naturally correct the ph for you anymore, Its unstable. Its all balancing act now , buy yourself a ph test kit and some ph up or down, Whichever one you may need.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bottled water will vary as much as your tap water. Buy a £5 digital ph meter if you're concerned, but if you're growing in soil with a suitable pH you're very unlikely to have problems. Whatever the pH of your water, it's going to change once you add nutrients. If your fridge water is filtered it may be worth adding some calcium and magnesium to it as some filters remove them

8. I've done a lot of research, I used to grow 4 years ago but I forgot a lot of stuff. This def. isn't shitty midgrade because it's only halfway done. Once I make it healthy again she will be good. I never grew a plant that sucked and I don't wanna start now lol. I know what ph is, I used to have a meter and I can't remember if I had ph up or down.
    I had all the nutes and everything. Thanks man.

9. O ok I didn't know that. I am def. buying a ph meter.
    I went to wal mart yesterday but now that it's october they got rid of all that stuff. I think home depot or lowes will have them though. Thanks

10. The drops are more reliable than a cheap meter. The drinking water i get at the store comes in at about ph 8.

11. Ya I seen a lot of bad reviews about meters. I think I don't have to worry about ph anymore because my plant was fine up until the plant started flowering so when the plant was still in veg it never showed signs of any problems. It has to have nutrients in it and I can't wait until it gets here. Thanks

12. I'd worry about ph no matter what water your using. My tap water fluxuates sometimes and bottles from the store come in many ph's from what i've seen. If you feed the nutrients change the ph of the water. It's kind of important.

13. The thing about ph is a little off is ok but that's like saying locking out only one nutrient is ok.

14. Ya I know the ph is very important, when I used to grow I did have a bottle of ph down so their has to be something wrong with the ph. I gotta get a ph meter.

15. Don't get a 20 dollar one, i was so impressed with my 20 dollar ph meter i'm using drops again lol.

16. Ya I heard they can be off by a lot, so I'll be getting the drops thanks man.

17. Its not gunna be super kill because like you're saying, you're only half way done and on top of that the plant looks very run down. No matter what you give that plant the damage cannot be reversed.. it won't ever be green again, once the leaves yellow they stay that way until it grows new leaves, since you're flowering it cant grow new leaves. So you're pretty much stuck with what you have. That doesn't mean the plant doesn't need help though, its going in a bad direction if it keeps going that way it will die.. so the reality of the situation is that you're not trying to get this plant healthy again you're just trying to keep it alive.. you may have grown before but you really dont know anything about it , do some more research.

18. These meters are way more accurate than us growers need them to be. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Digital-PH-Me...%3A90cc82971570a6a8d66fafb4ffffc157%7Ciid%3A7 They last years and are dirt cheap

• Like Like x 1