Interesting example of how our brains work

Discussion in 'General' started by duby, Aug 26, 2006.

1. i got this in an email and thought it was crazy. i could read it perfectly on my first try with out even studdering or anything...just crazy. try it out

More Brain Stuff . . . From Cambridge University .

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if

you can raed tihs psas it on !!

Psas Ti ON !

2. I konw, so ainmzag taht tihs is pbsliose (that is possible, doesnt rly look like it)

EDIT: 666th post :p

3. I think it's been posted about 3 different times coming in different forms.

4. I actually noticed that before i saw anything about it...
    kinda shows how we don't take advantage of our intelligence.

i'm blazed right now and i read it without any problem

5. aomswee man + rep

6. haha yeah i saw this a couple years ago, it's pretty cool.

7. That is cool :D

8. It has also been suggested that the closer the 'high' letters are to their original position (i.e. t, j, l, etc) the easier it is to read.

9. dude, thats been out for a while, got that in an e-mail years ago, it is totally cool though...

10. Taht Siht is knida cool... Olny thnig taht wuold mses you up is if you cnat splel

11. Actually, if you understood correctly: it's:

Psas it ON !

not

Psas Ti ON !