Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Interesting but frightening first experience with weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lac668, Feb 12, 2018.

1. I have heard that you should never drink alcohol before smoking weed, however one of the girls I was with the night that this occurred, she was a huge weed enthusiast and would not shut up about it with me. I didn't plan to smoke weed that night or ever in my life, the idea of trying it didn't appeal to me, so I had drank alcohol prior because I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to try weed for the first time that night, or ever. However, some time after I drank a considerable amount of alcohol (I believe I was sobering up at this point), this girl was adamant that I give it a go, that I didn't realize what I was missing. I was getting sick of her talking about it so I finally took a deep puff to shut her up, and she had me take a second deep puff.

After I started experiencing the effects of it, I instantly realized that I'd made a mistake. It was the worst experience I'd ever had. I didn't know exactly what to expect, because you can't know till you've done something. I did not like the feeling the weed was giving me, which felt like I was "floating" a few inches above my physical body (I understand now that this must be why they call it being "high"), and like the weed was trying to give me an out of body experience. It felt like my mind, soul, consciousness were trying to go off somewhere in oblivion, trying to float away somewhere, trying to enter some sort of "energy" state of being, much like the energetic world of "thought" and energy that you enter when you're in the dreaming sleep state. Basically it just felt like my consciousness was trying to slip away.

So I started having a panic attack, we're all used to the physical/matter state of consciousness and I'm no different. I thought I could die from a heart attack with how terribly fast and hard my heart rate was going, coupled with incessant sweating and feeling like my body temperature was dropping dramatically and feeling cold and shaking really bad (probably not just because I was feeling cold but as a panic attack side effect) when it wasn't actually cold in the house I was in. Every time I'd look in a mirror I'd see that my eyes were looking in slightly opposite directions, which I thought was very odd and I just didn't look normal. Eyes were really red and bloodshot, and I was just freaking out really bad, not quite as much about these bodily symptoms I was having (my heart pounding and racing really bad, the sweating, feeling cold and shaking, eyes appearing to look in opposite directions) as I was about this feeling of my consciousness trying to float or slip away that I was trying to fight. I felt like a vegetable, couldn't respond with full sentences or pay attention to anything anyone was saying to me, and from what I understand this is something that is typical of a maryjane high.

One thing that also bothered me while I was high was that my boyfriend at the time kept looking me in the eye and telling me to "stay here" and I took that to mean that I had gotten too high and that if I didn't focus on being present in the moment and "stay with him" I could lose focus and lose my grip on reality, and I could cease consciousness and die, or something. I don't know what I was thinking, I'd forgotten in my panic of the moment that I'd been told you can't die from weed and that weed can't kill you. I found out later from him that he simply meant "stay put, don't go anywhere" in the physical sense. Don't know why he kept saying that to me, I was clearly going nowhere and was in a vegetative state (or so it felt), and it took so much energy to move at all that all I felt like doing was staying put, clearly he would have known this because he'd smoked weed on many occasions before and knew its effects on the person high on weed.

I'm just trying to understand what happened to me that night better. I asked something about this somewhere else online and someone had responded that what I experienced, my symptoms/side effects, were not common and are actually atypical of being high on weed. I'm very much a newbie when it comes to drugs and weed, I've drank alcohol on many occasions throughout my adult years, as I drink in moderation when I have the chance (not too often), and I'm fine and comfortable with alcohol's drunkenness effects on me, it's very different from how a weed high feels. I don't feel like I'm "floaty" or like my consciousness is "slipping away" or like my soul is trying to enter some etheric realm, when I drink alcohol. The high that weed gave me as a first-time user felt almost similar to that of when I felt like I was going to lose consciousness once when I was in the process of donating plasma and I hadn't drank enough water or ate enough healthy food beforehand as I had been in a rush to make it to my plasma donation appointment, and I felt dizzy, sick, and uncomfortable before the phlebotomists came to my side to return my blood and plasma back to my body.

I read something interesting online one time saying that when you smoke weed, you're actually giving the plant a part of you in exchange for you experiencing the plant. It was something like that, I can't remember the exact words. Can anyone tell me anything more about what I experienced, if the side effects were even common or typical of being high on weed (especially for a first-time user experiencing the greater potency of weed), if what I experienced happened because I drank alcohol before smoking weed and tell me why drinking alcohol before smoking weed is discouraged, if it sounds like the weed I smoked could have been laced with anything (I know nothing about the weed I smoked, I simply smoked it and assumed it was purely weed), anything about the spiritual effects of being high? Does being high on weed, especially for someone using it for the first time and experiencing its effects potently, give you the actual feeling of what dying feels like without actually dying, or is being high on weed not at all representative of what dying feels like (without the pain that one might feel during the death process)? It probably sounds odd that I'm associating being high with death, the reason why I ask about that is because it seems to me like marijuana high is a very spiritual experience and the side effects of being high, especially the "consciousness slipping away" part, I couldn't help associating with what dying might possibly feel like. It also seems like a very "mind over matter" drug, I was high all night and if I hadn't finally gone to sleep, I'm sure I probably wouldn't have came off the high till I eventually got some sleep to get my mind off it. I'm anxiety prone and think too much sometimes, and I think that's probably why it was such a bad trip for me.. it seems odd to me that so many people love the high that it gives, honestly there's almost nothing more frightening to me than having that experience again. I'm very intrigued by weeds' effects on the mind and that's why I'm so detailed about all of this. It gave me none of the euphoria, enjoyment, or relaxation (or maybe I did experience the "relaxation" but I worried that it was relaxing me "too much" and I had an adverse reaction of panic instead), I understand that everyone's experience is different, but this was mine and I almost never hear of anyone who's had a bad experience smoking weed, so I just think it's really interesting.

2. It just sounds like you got fucked mate. Anxiety is typical of weed use, especially in inexperienced users. Literally you just need to tell yourself that you're not going to die, no one ever has and enjoy the ride. If one of my friends were smoking with me and started chatting about how they felt like they were dying I'd laugh my ass off, hold off on offering them weed and maybe grab a bucket. Next time -if you choose to do it again that is- just let yourself relax some more and preferably do it in a less hectic, more comfortable environment with some food and stuff ready to go and just melt into a couch and watch a movie or some shit. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe cannabis itself will never kill you, but it will in high doses. Anything will ! But it’s the cannabis you have too worry about but how it’s been grown. Pesticides, mold, harmfull chemicals etc... that’s shit will kill you slowly but painfully.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Cannabis has been bred for centuries, spitting out all the medicinal values, well some it still there. But we have too get accurate lab tests and choose strains with chemical analysis. Some patients prefer a certain cannaboid over a certain illness. You wouldn’t induce yourself with high thc if you suffer from seizures. But if you got cancer or serious pain thc will do just fine. You got others like cbn, cbd ans so on.

• Agree Agree x 1

5. In high doses weed can kill you :lmafoe::lmafoe::lmafoe:

No dude weed can't kill you, you can die via carbon monoxide poisoning if you was smoking constantly none stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. It sounds funny right but even bananas can kill you, well it’s highly unlikely anybody will goo too such extremes, but maybe a concentrated shatter or maybe in the next 10 yers when cannabis goes too 50 percent thc lets say we will probably see side effects, but here’s a little snap shot which proves it can so it’s a fact.

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I mean I'm coming from the perspective of somewhere illegal, and as a recreational user primarily but sure if you have access to vendors, ask a budtender what they think would suit you best. Also I doubt anyone has ever died from mold on weed, as for dying slowly that goes for everything in life from butter to bananas

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. people have dies fro mold from cannabis man,,, some patient had cancer there immune system was gone, the body stopped producing red blood cells too fight of infections, the mold in the cannabis killed them before the cancer.

9. Don't drink alcohol and smoke weed together. Just don't... Your prone to anxiety like me and many people on this forum. You have do research and find the right type of marijuana for you. Take smaller doses. If you live in a state where its legal, share your story with someone who works at a dispensary, they might be able to help you. You could also be Bi-Polar. As far as it feeling spiritual, that is normal for some people. If you try all the variety's of Cannabis and its the same bad thing every time, then you have to stop smoking weed. Plain and simple. It's not for you. You are not an alien, this happens to a lot of people.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I love cannabis I’m a grower and a patient,

11. Yes a high cbd strain can work wonders man, why not try a strain with like 1 percent thc and high cbd.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 BrewsnWeed666, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Are you for real right now?:lmafoe:

Here's a picture that says Alcohol doesn't kil

IMG_20180212_010544.jpg

We all know it does though, having a picture of something doesn't make it a fact.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Or like a 1 too 1 ratio, instead of smoking it use a vaporiser too avoid the initial combustion of the plant

14. Lol, I’ll stop there. I think we’re going into cuckoo land know.

• Funny Funny x 1

15. You're in cuckoo land already if you think Marijuana can kill you & you think something's a fact when it isn't :roflmao: there's 0 recorded deaths in the world because of weed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I will also say it has saved peoples life’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ok just done a little research some have stated it near impossible too die of cannabis, ypu have too like Indy e 15 pounds in 15 minutes which I dought anbody will do.

Then I went too read another article were 2 people died directly from cannabis, it’s either made there heart beat fast or slowly.

They discovered that the deaths of two of the patients could not be put down to anything other than marijuana use.

Both of these people were men who had died after their hearts started beating either too fast or too slowly.

The researchers believe that this change in heart rhythm – called arrhythmia - was caused by cannabis.

The reason they came to this conclusion was that both had smoked the drug within a few hours of their death and neither had any history of heart problems.

Maybe prior heart condition was diognoises and for sure they wouldn’t blame the Tabacco industry directly will they lol.

Then I read a person who has actually recovered from heart surgery from blueberry strain.

My over all verdict it won’t kill it’s near impossible but I was still tight it can still kill you in high doses lol.

18. It wouldn't be the weed that kills you it would be carbon monoxide from smoking 15lbs in 15 minutes lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. It can in theory but your body will physically process and break down the THC faster than you can consume it to overdose. It's never happened to a human, it's just been done to mice by directly injecting the THC so we don't even know for sure if it affects us in the same way. In comparison to cigarettes and alcohol (which I seed cannabis as an alternative to to an extent) it's so so much safer, and that is a lot nicer for a first time smoker who is worried about the scary weeds to hear.

• Like Like x 2