Interested in starting a guerrilla grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by love2trip, Mar 4, 2009.

1. #1 love2trip, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Wassup guys,

So spring is approaching soon, and with the economy and my tolerance the way they are, buying 1/4 of dank a week is impossible. Now I have always wanted to grow, and in fact, I have grown one plant indoors with CFL's before, but unfortunately my plant was a male. My friend and I would like to grow, but we both still live with our parents(i'm 19, he's 18), so growing at home is impossible, and getting our own place is also out of the question due to pecuniary means. So i've been thinking about possibly starting a guerrilla grow, as this is pretty much our only option as of now.

So i come to you GC, to ask for any info you can provide me. I am a growing novice, and my friend and i both have a small amount of indoor growing experience. The thing is, neithr of us has ever grown outdoors, and i understand this is much more difficult than growing indoors, as you have pests, etc. to worry about.
    The other problem we face is choosing a location. We live in a pretty urban area in SC, so we need to find a place where no one will go, how would we go about doing this?.

I'm pretty new to outdoor growing, and growing in general, so any tips, ideas, strateies, advice and help is welcome. I have read a little already on guerrilla growing, but i do not know enough yet to be comfortable enough to execute this grow op.

2. I have some experience with outdoor guerrilla growing.

Growing outdoors isn't necessarily more difficult, but choosing a good location is crucial. You live in SC, which has a lot of forests and hilly areas. Try to find a heavily forested area which is pretty remote. Find a healthy-looking clearing (not alot of dead branches, fungi, wet leaves, etc.) that has alot of sunlight. You should be confident that no strangers frequent this area (don't grow near a nature trail, hunting grounds, commonly fished lakes, agriculture, and make sure its not on private property).

Now, depending on how patient you are, you have a few options.

You can choose to grow slow and safe. Plant a mess o' pre-germinated seeds everywhere, check back every 2 weeks, harvest when ready.

You may want to grow fast and furious. This method is essentially indoor grow tactics, babying the veggies, constant monitoring, ferts, etc. Its not a bad way to do it, but it may give your op away if you go carting fertilizer into the woods every weekend.

Hope that helps some.

3. Thank's for the info dude. Once me and my bro sort out a nice spot, i was planning on first growing the seeds in cups indoors for about a week, then transplant them to the spot.
    I would place them randomly and sparsely so they look almost natural, you feel me? I will dig holes and put in store-bought soil. I will get bottles of distilled water and hide them in different spots around the area, so that water is easily available.

That's all i've really thought out so far, but i have just thought about this GG recently. How do my ideas sound so far?

4. Sounds good. I grew my seeds in cups and transplanted as well. Though, hiding the bottles at the spot sounds a bit shady, what with fingerprints at the scene and all.

I'm not sure how you feel about environmental issues, but leaving no trace behind works out for your benefit as well as the environment.

Stay one step ahead, my friend.