Interested in growing...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rocco916, Nov 15, 2009.

1. So I've come across a good amount of money, and I'm moving out of my house and I've decided to get a 2br cottage - one room for me, the other for growing. Depending on the floor plan, the min sq ft is 8x8 for my "growing" room.

I've decided to use hydroponics. I'm shooting for growing 18 plants. My main objective here is for someone to give me some tips on buying the right equipment --> at the right price.

With that said....what seeds are novice-friendly, are best grown in hydro, and yield the most bud? Also, how do I choose my hydroponics/lighting system in accordance to my available space?

Thanks in advance :wave:

2. hey man just wondering are you new to growing hydro?

3. Yup --> super n00b

4. sitckies..... they answer so much...

simple cheap hydro setup DIY .. rumpleforeskins bubble buckets
    simple cheap hydro setup out of box.. General Hydroponics Waterfarm systems

then how about NL for a starter strain

good luck ..and read the stickies ..

5. are u for real?

6. it seems like you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing.
    my grandfather grew kali mist, arjans haze, and lowryder #2. it was his first time and they all came out amazing. just hope you know what kind of work is involved. very stressful.;)

7. #7 Blizzard, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
    He has to grow inside his room because or govt. won't allow us to grow a harmless chemical...He may have to live with bugs if not properlly maintained.
    *edit: acutally.... I dont know anything about hydro im soil. SO hope all goes as said ^above.

8. Wharfrat74 - I wanted to ask the same question again because you always get different opinions. Appreciate the tips! And yes I AM reading those stickies, and will be doing so for a another few months most likely :p lol

budBUDD - It seems that the Northern Lights strain is a rather forgiving bud for a novice grower, and also yields a good amount of bud. But my friend has offered my GDP clones, I might just use that, who knows :S

Blizzard - Yup, I'm for real! I've been wanting to grow for a while, but I never had the opportunity, both financial wise and "room-wise" (aka I still lived with my parents). And I'm sterilizing the room from top to bottom (kill germs), and as you said, hopefully I won't live with bugs b/c I'm using hydro.

9. Hey man all good... I think I sounded like u when I joined :p

10. Hahaha, I'm trying to start young :D