Interested in buying a bong or vape, curious abou

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Luke&Dan, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Do you have any favorite brands when it comes to glass pieces or vaporizers? why?

If you were given a choice between an equally priced glass bong, bubbler, or vaporizer which would you choose?

And to people that smoke glass bongs often:

How many glass pieces have you owned, and how many have you broken?

Have you ever bought or sold a used bong or vaporizer; if not, would you ever consider it? why?

2. #2 BeeJee, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    As far as glass, Sheldon Black, HVY, Zob, SYN, Toro, pretty much any big name is good but sometimes you pay for just the name, like Illadelph. Vapes, Extreme Q, Da Buddha, Silver Surfer, MFLB, Pax.

I pretty much only vape because I had lung surgery in February. So I would choose a vape, and it's cool that they conserve a lot.

I have had 12 glass pieces, none of them costing under 80. 0 were broken and 9 have been sold plus 2 gifted to close smokers. I only have one and it has travelled tons of places with me but now I only use it with the vape.

I sell glass with no problem. Wouldn't buy anything used. I like having my shit clean for me to break in.

Edit: I have an Extreme Q and would recommend it to everyone who wants a vape. Awesome piece of technology. Smoking is definitely more fun though.

3. VAPOURIZER

I have a dragon lite and its really cheap yet works exactly like the mflb!

4. I prefer the spill proof spoon bubbler from www.outkastglass.com 1374366708309.jpg
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thank you for all of your input, I really appreciate it!

6. I brought a glass bong the other day it's 23cm tall and it's a Saturn bong, I love it! It's the first ever glass bong I've ever hit and it's so smooth, I've hit a few bongs (acrilic ones) but none of them compare to glass

7. does it really? I saw the price 29$ and was like no way this is as durable as an mflb , it looks like its gonna burn out in a month or 2 is it still working for you? I had an mflb so I hope I cant tell the difference in quality because the mflb for me was honestly dissapointing I was expecting something more heavier , the ARIZER SOLO and the Volcano NOW THOSE  are awsome vaporizers!!

8. Never had any other vapourizer but and Im fairly new to the dragon lite. Ill put it this way, when I smoked I smoked once a week if that, when I got a dragon lite I vaped 6/7 days of the week. Not only because I love the high and it saves bud but also the stealthiness. Its just the best, I would strongly recommended it and I love it, to be honest I thought it would be rubbish too because of the price but put it this way, that and the mflb have the same design and features, the only difference is the dragon lite came out first so they can charge whatever they want and bs about the quality.

9. im pretty sure the mflb came out before is what you meant lol .
    But damn I think I will give this is a shot! they should make custom adaptor for bong rigs I really feel like hitting my bong like I used to do with mflb bong adaptor haha . but I just saw this video I heard its just as good as mflb , just appearance is different : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87KSmJ8OrMw

10. illadelph's are the shit

11. Yep I meant mflb came out before that's why its more expensive ahah. Im sure the mflb adaptor would work with dragon lite cause its basically the same thing

12. Do you have any favorite brands when it comes to glass pieces or vaporizers? why?
    Brands of glass pieces , Well its glass either gonna be hard good made glass or cheap thin shitty glass. Vaporizers anything by volcano as its what is used in lots of hospitals that allow patients to get high for medical reasons (normal price range 400-500$ if not more)
    \nIf you were given a choice between an equally priced glass bong, bubbler, or vaporizer which would you choose?
    1. would be glass bong because it gets u so high and u dont even feel it coming, Vaporizers r great for people that dont want to smoke and dont want that health risk that comes with smoking . but still want to get high 
    \nAnd to people that smoke glass bongs often:
    \nHow many glass pieces have you owned, and how many have you broken?
    Ive owed tons of the years and ive never broke any of them, but a few of my 1 hitter glass chime pipes .
    \nHave you ever bought or sold a used bong or vaporizer; if not, would you ever consider it? why?
    With the cheap prices out there today why buy used ? a vaporizer used if its a good brand like what i was telling u above then yeah its gonna be a lot cheaper in the long run . but just a normal vape or bong , they sale for 20-40$ all day everyday everywhere, why buy used and save $10 and dont know whos mouth has been on it :D

13. #13 lwien, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013

BS about the quality?    Now THAT statement is total bullshit.  

For anyone thinking about getting this piece of crap vape from this really sketchy company, please read the following thread on the Dragon Lite:  http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dragon-lite-portable.4632/

It's a 13 page thread on just the Dragon Lite as well as a complete tear down.   

14. Don't listen to the other guy, you might as well take a shot with its low price and I can tell you now its working great

Correct.   Don't listen to me.   Just go over to FC, read the thread and make up your own minds.

16. No I mean like just take a shot! Im telling him its good from experience, have you ever owned a dragon lite?

17. #17 iTweaker, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013

I seriously DISLIKE THAT SITE , I dont know why The people that post there seem like the cockiest , snobbiest people If i ever met them in real life ,  they are the biggest weed snobs ive ever seen in my life , the only weed forum I would not register to , they all think theyre superior to other tokers because they have the highest pricing vaping equipment and budget , so they can shit upon some 29$ vaporizer , Im pretty sureMost of the people talking about the dragon lite on that topic didnt even bother ordering one just to try it out , they are very biased on most vaporizer , and to be honest the MFLB was  a complete dissapointment I dont see how the dragon lite can be any worse , it barley got me high and dont tell me its my hitting technique or trench technique becuase after 3 months of having it Its just sitting in my little closet fucking around with dust , so Il gladly SPEND 29$ for a vape that is as good as mflb or just a bit lower in quality then spending 120$-150$ on sum wooden piece of shit that I could spend the same amount buying a used arizer solo.

*edit* I read a bit of that topic and I honestly do not give a shit about ethics , this is a world of survival , the Mflb to me was prob the biggest waste of money Ive spent on anything weed related , no matter how good theyre company ethics are or how good of a service mflb is I will never get that 150 back ever again  , All im saying is before people bash on something they HAVE Never tried , at least give it a try , you think every single buisness company is clean and with proper ethics? do you really think the mflb is worth the pricing they posted? to my eyes I see 2 products that are both from shitty companies  : 1 product that has better overall quality (durability,vapor taste etc.)  and another product that is a clone with cheaper ingredients/tools and no company ethics at all.
    In my eyes these are 2 similar products that I both do not like very much... so the question is why would anyone buy an mflb at all?pricing feels like Ive been scammed for the same price on could get higher and get bigger vape rips off a arizer extrem vaporizer and if your in canada YOU CAN GET IT FOR 140 FREE SHIPPING thats 10$ cheaper than the original mflb I had bought in stores , in the end if I wanted some kind of mflb clone to fuck around with when im bored or on the go  I would go for the 29$ box not a 120-150$ box that will be used on occasion , and they have the same kind of warranty as mflb , but thats just my opinion , alot of you people will probably be agasint it and bash me for it but this is what I think about the ''MFLB'' sorry for the long post..

18. #18 iTweaker, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013

Your damn right ! he should give it a shot ,tired of people basing everything they see on the internet to real life thats just ignorance , and believing in other peoples opinions ., I thought mflb was gonna change me and my smoking ways , everyone on fuckcombustion and grasscity was hyping about it the first year it came out the same thing they did with the Fc dragon lite  was done with the mflb but the opposite idea basically praising it... Ppl making threads about how portable and slick it is  , turned out to be a complete dissapointment ,I bought it after a week took it for a nice day test run barley getting me buzzed it took 3 trench hits to get me feeling good , after I said fuck it and took a bong hit I realized how bull shit this piece of shit of a wooden box was. the arizer solo actually got me Fried and HIIGH , same as the Volcano vape which got me extremly euphoric , I really think the pricing on the MFLB is bullshit I felt ripped paying 130$ for  A FUCKING WOODEN BOX. I spent an extra 20$ and bought  Silver surfer on ebay now that is A HELL OF A VAPE!

Tweaker, I totally understand why you and some others may dislike FC.   I also totally understand the perception that the members their could seem to be cocky and have a snobby attitude, but I disagree that they look down on cheap vaporizers simply because they have the budget for more expensive vaporizers.   The fact is, is that, for the most part, they will call out competitively inferior vapes regardless how much they cost.   Hell, they've called out the Volcano on many occasions for being overpriced in the current vaporizer market while they have sung the praises of the very inexpensive vapes like the VaporGenie.

FC, without a doubt, is the best resource for information on vaporizers on the internet for a few reasons:

One, is that the site is totally dedicated to vaporizers.
    Two, is that most of the members there own multiple vaporizers, and have owned multiple vaporizers for years so when they review a vape, they have the background and experience with other vapes to make qualified comparisons.
    Three, is that demographic is quite a bit older than most "weed" sites.   Most members there are 40 years old and older and have more experience to draw from.
    Four, is from that demographic, there are more valid medical users there than recreational users, and as such, you get members who will really take a manufacturer to task when it comes to questionable build materials used that could affect ones health.
    Five, is that there are many inventors and manufacturers that are present there to answer questions about their product.
    Six, is that many of those manufacturers will illicit members there to do beta-testing for new product that has yet to hit the market, or will encourage members to provide input to help make an existing product better.
    Seven, is that I don't think a month has gone by where a major manufacturer or retail has not offered up a contest for free gear.   I myself have won an Iolite, a Zephyr Ion, an MFLB, a Space Case and a few other odds and ends over the years.
    Eight, is that the mods there run a pretty tight ship and won't let either members or manufacturers get by with stating opinion as fact.

So while you my dislike the attitude of some of the members there, it still remains the absolute best resource when it comes to learning out about various vaporizers before making a purchase, and that is not an opinion, but a fact.

And talk about resources, it's also worthwhile to check out the following site and it's links, that was authored by FC as well: http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I have to agree though FC is the best vaporizing site , Every time I check on which vape would be better than the other fc already has a topic about it haha , and I think the demographic age user explains alot : theyre medical users and could give less a fuck about pricing but more importance towards quality , and btw what kind of contests do they run I wanna get my hands on some those vapes im interested now x) .. Though theres one thing that bothers me why do they close down so many INTERESTING TOPICS??? One day I wanted to know if dabbing and vaping is the same thing because me and my friend had a discussion about that after class , and Im  sure dabbing bho is not the samething as vaporzing , found this interesting argument/thread , I wish they din close that thread. D:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/do-you-still-combust.4163/page-3