Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Intense tingling in body - Bad high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shikeji, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Hey everyone, first post on these forums. So I have recently tried to smoke weed again, I smoked a couple of time a few years ago and I have smoked a couple of times again this week.

Every time I get the same feeling, it starts with a tingling on my ribs which gathers together at the center of my chest and travels up my spine and I can feel pressure behind my eyes a little. At times this feeling can be so intense that it is borderline painful and unbearably uncomfortable and sometimes it can be quite pleasurable.

I have seen a lot of people mention things similar to this on different posts but never as a negative thing, I can feel myself being to panic as when it is tingling in my chest it feels like my heart is RACING and I have to check my pulse to assure myself that it is just the tingling.

Anyone else get this reaction?

P.S after this feeling is gone I feel well and truly high, my limbs are heavy and I'm relaxed af

2. I advise you to not check your heart rate when you're high. It can't help and just checking your rate can make your heart go faster. THC makes hearts beat faster, accept that idea and stop worrying about it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'd say there are a lot of bad stories out there of people feeling this and then having anxiety or panic attacks of some form. I believe a lot of it stems from how our body and mind can react physiologically and mentally to an increased heart rate and bodily stimulation, when you aren't even doing anything and everything starts racing. Just try not to work yourself up, and realise it's normal for your body to get excited as you have cannabinoid receptors in virtually every organ and gland in your entire body. It's not harmful, but if it's too intense to handle, then lower the dosage and try a higher CBD strain.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I'm planning on trying again with a smaller amount, I also think I have a VERY low tolerance

5. So I smoked a small amount yesterday, no effect, smoked the same amount again and got a little high but no tingling, I need to find the sweet spot

6. Are you smoking joints or something? That can be a pretty inconsistent way especially if you aren't an experienced roller and toker. Vape or a small pipe is probably the easiest way to get a consistent dose IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app