Intense Throat Burn when burning!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mohammedd Walid, Nov 7, 2012.

1. hi all il try to make this quick...i am NOT first time smoker i used to burn all day everyday and dab and smoke stoges for about a year then in the summer while my idiot self was sharing a bong with my friend i came down with mono...i quit for a few weeks as i was really sick and its been 4-5 months since now and EVERYTIME i smoke out of ANYTHING my throat burns really bad! cigarettes dont burn my throat just weed! people say try vaping..i did and its even worse! they say put ice in your bong...doesnt help! my throat feels very very dry after even 1 hit and it gives off a dry burning sensation everytime smoke enters my throat! i never felt like this before...even when i use a 750 dollar bong with 5 perks that is supposedly smooth after i exhale i get an after burn in the throat...a very intense burn! has anyone ever had or heard about somethin like this ? please help me guys ..i have been quitting smoking for 3 weeks now as i let myself heal but i dont know how long i have to wait or if im healing at all...i dont wanna try smoking cuz i dont wana further irritate it..I MISS smoking:(

2. Mono and other bacterial infections can irritate the lining in your throat for months! If you are vaping and getting that burn, then you are still sick. I would see a doctor if possible. Or give it a few weeks and drink some tea with honey in it as much as possible.

3. i drink tea with honey but i mean i still feel the same afterwards they say it helps to do that and gargle but i feel the same...and i got sick 5 months ago and i kept smoking thru the pain..every hit i take was like hell... how long you reckon i quit for and try to burn?

4. ^^This.

Maybe try your bong with hot water, it helps carry the moisture and steam into your throat.

5. Didn't you post this under a different name and get chased out of GC with flaming torches?

6. i see your from colorado...congrats...while many people out there can smoke and its legal...i cant even smoke here illegaly in cali...

7. also i saw a doc he put a tube thru my nose and just said its red and mildly inflamed..im not sick at all, meaning i dont cough, have a cold or anything..i had alot of clearing in the throat recently but that stopped too..all i have his burning sensation when i smoke ..

8. Lemme refresh your memory. We all told you last time to stop smoking for an extended period. No smoking of anything for at least a month - longer if you can manage it.
    If you don't have the will power to stop abusing your obviously sick body please stop asking for advice.

If you are not the same poster then I am seriously going to monitor who I smoke with now because apparently mono is going around in Cali.

9. @honey...thanks for the advice. this is the first time im posting on here because i was searching for answers on google and i found grasscity...but anyways yeah i havent smoked in 3 months also i was really depressed today and couldnt hold myself as i smoked 1 cigarette..hopefully that doesnt further damage my throat..i mean i feel the same way i did before i got sick when i smoke stoges, i can take huge drags and not feel anything, so i hope i didnt eff up my throat. im still quitting until january

10. Just inject the marijuanna's. Much more intense high.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stick it up your butt.

No for real tho your just going to have to completely stop. And if you smoke before you are fully healed, it's like going back to square one so you really really need to try to just not smoke either cigs or weed.

12. I admit I find it odd you don't feel this sensation with cigarettes, but you do with weed

I'll put it simply. Before you figure this all out, consider taking a break. smoking of any sort is always bad, and if you're feeling this pain, that is your body alerting you that something ain't right. you probably smoke too much

At least cut back before you smoke again

If you're not going to pause for a bit, maybe you should toke pure weed (no blunt/joint, smoke out of an apple). Also, only toke the thc crystals off the bud. In other words, I think the leaves/flowers/nug itself is never meant to be smoked, and only the crystals are. You could simply be less tolerant now than before. (cost effective? god no.) Aside from that, my only recommendation is to find another dealer or fuck an ostrich

13. Just take edibles, goddamn man.

14. edibles suck..you wait 2 hours and they might hit you they might not..and if they do your baked for the rest of the day. im used to smokin a few bowls or dabbing then taking out a stoge..cant do that no more

and @honey, i hadnt smoked a thing in 3 weeks til my 1 stoge today..do you think 1 cig really sets me back to square one ? i seriously hope not...i mean i only smoked the stoge seeing as how cigarettes dont feel like anything when inhaled

15. and i did read from a doctor online that cannabis smoke has organic chemicals and stuff that are almost 10 times more irritating to the throat than tobacco smoke...so it only makes sense...and when i use a pipe its even more harsh as to a bong..they all burn though, id take 3 fat bong rips then id be like screw this i cant even finish the bowl...im used to taking fat rips because thats the only way i get high

16. First you said 3 months now it's 3 weeks. And at the beginning you said that you were smoking through the pain.

Anyway, try a tincture maybe? Or like I said before, that no one seemed to acknowledge, try some hot water in your bong. That's what I did whenever I was sick.

17. [quote name='"Terrorist"']Just take edibles, goddamn man.[/quote]

Listen to this man!

18. I'm pretty sure OP doesn't like edibles.

19. um no. i said i got mono sharing a bong 5 months ago. then i said i kept smoking thru the pain daily...it was so much i stopped. now im saying i havent smoked a single thing in 3 weeks, until today where i smoked 1 cigarette but it did no harm...then again, stoges never did harm, its cannabis that hates me...so yeah..

20. and also im new to the forums whats OP stand for ? and yeah, i hate edibles, they suck...