Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Intense shaking/shivering

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by juanmoretime, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Anyone else get really intense shivers sometime when they smoke a strong sativa? I forgot what strain it was but a while back I smoked something reeeeeally potent and I started having uncontrollable muscle spasms, Which in turn made my anxiety worse lol. Now that I think of it, it was blue dream, which is weird because every other time I've smoked it I had a very uplifting high with maybe a hint of anxiety

2. some people can get full adrenaline rushes from Sativas
    Got a brother like that

3. Usually if i smoke cheese which is a hybrid i get the shakes, and my muscles feel like the are tensing up, only happens with cheese though

4. That's so weird, I was just about to say I got the shakes badly last time I smoked a cheese strain, hybrid then I saw your posts lol

5. Its unfortunate as living in the UK there isnt a great variety of weed going about so most of the time you just have to take what you get, which is mostly cheese... :cry:

6. #6 bushsmokerkushsmoker, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    lol I'm in the UK too...wait are you me lol...and I know, best weed I've ever got in the UK was Blueberry Kush which I was off my arse on, we can only dream of the Cali weed ;)

7. Yeah some OG Kush from cali would be amazing. Best weed ive ever tried over here must either be AK-47, tasted a bit weird though, and we also got Kandy Kush one time which was amazing, but its so shit trying to get good weed over here, hard enough getting a decent gram for a tenner !

8. it sounds like you guys are getting weed mixed with spice

9. Happens to me if I have a sudden change in blood pressure (going from really cold to really hot, etc.) I get dizzy and shake. I find it's best to divert the shaking away from your head, eyes, neck, etc. because that will make you dizzier.

10. I've had some spasms from sativa but not terribly. Meditation might calm you down

11. If I smoke sativa and it's even slightly cold out I start shivering/shaking a lot. If it's summer and I smoke sativa I don't shake at all.

12. That just made me remember this. Sometimes I also get the shivers when I'm stoned and outside in the cold. Not all the time though. And for the record, where I live one can never be sure whether one's weed is really indica or sativa. It seems that every single dealer out my way refers to their 'good weed' as simply "kush". The only thing I know for certain is that none of it is actually 'kush'. I don't like that word anymore because of how overused and abused it is where I live.

13. Yeah, I've been offered AK-47 but I was out of town and it was gone the next day

14. nope, after smoking for about 5 years I know what weed looks like (that wasn't supposed to sound harsh) and it's always one strain, funnily enough the same guy mentioned it with the same strain I smoked and got the shakes :)

15. I ate 2 and a half firecrackers once, with a blend of vaped and fresh ground weed. About an hour after eating them, I started to shiver and basically went through the same thing you described. I tried taking a hot shower, but that didn't help. I actually had to lay down on the bathroom floor because my muscles were spasming so bad, and I felt very cold and weak.

When I finally made it to bed, it took me forever to fall asleep. Bunch of racing thoughts and images in my head. Not a fun night at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Yep it was cold out when i smoked too. I was at the beach at night (my car said it was only 67), but it felt like it was below freezing hahaha. Maybe that's the downside of weed enhancing everything, it does it a little too much sometimes :rolleyes:

17. I remember when I was 14 and me and my friends would smoke these 2.5 gram joints using two or three papers linked together. At that time we didn't have an indoor place to smoke in our neighborhood and we'd be doing this in the middle of winter here. For the first half of the joint I'd be basically shivering like a leaf. By the time that jimmy was gone though.. I just about forgot it was wintertime :smoke:

18. Recently I have been. It's just like an uncontrollable jitter. I think cold weather and my consumption of Newports might play a role in that though.