* INTENSE MYSTERY* I need all of your input *MYSTERY*

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MattyBee, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Background:
    last week at approximately 12:30 in the afternoon my dorm room was entered by an unknown assailant through a unlocked door. (I KNOW! LOCK THE FUCKING DOOR!)
    i was present in the room/ so was my roommate
    i was on the computer browsing some GC when i decided to lay down before class.
    i look over at the door and notice it is unlocked..i normally would lock the door at all times, but i reassured myself that with my roommate and I present there wasn't much that could go wrong.
    after about 20 minutes of laying on the top bunk i awoke to the sound of the door clicking closed. I roll over too see my Toshiba satellite not even 4 months old, which was ripping up the internet and everything i wanted in a laptop, WAS GONE. $1100.00 gone
    I leap of the top bunk and grab the asp (retractable metal rod..HURTS like hell) and run out the door to see no one in either direction.:mad::eek::(

THE MYSTERY:

My phone rang while i was sleeping. The kid who called was a friend of a friend lets call him RJ. But not someone who i would kick it with or have over.
    When people have called me in the past and i haven't answered they have come by the room only to scamper out when they see everyone sleeping,
    This leads me to believe that that RJ would have come by the room, enetered saw my precious laptop on the desk and just acted on impulse and grabbed it...i do not believe if it was RJ he had the prior intentions to rob my laptop but i do not put anything past people these days.

Further Mystery:
    Saw RJ outside and he says that they found the guy who took my laptop and the other 4 laptops stolen in the previous weeks.
    i ask him who he got this info form seeing as i had met with the police 2 hours before...and they did not give me any info on the culprit/suspects.
    RJ responds by saying he talked to the RD of our hall and she told him it was this kid that doesn't go to the school but lives on campus.
    Lets call him M
    M isnt anyone i know or have heard of apparently this kid is black and has family problems so the school worked something out for him to live at the school. When i asked where i could locate M he was of course all the way out in NY.

Conclusion:
    RJ isn't someone i trust and i cant verify his story tonight/ will have to tomorrow with the RD.
    M is a random black dude...who by RJ's story seems to be a good suspect but RJ could be trying to appear as my friend / giving me info to keep himself out of the hot seat.

TLDNR: fuck you.

2. If my laptop got stollen that would suck dick i would be so pissed man

3. Maybe take it as a lesson not to leave youre shit out in the open.
    That does fucking suck though.

4. From my view this "RJ" needs a large background check. We should get the top men in on this guy because he could be jackin laptops all over the country. Look into it.

5. yeah man i agree. the thing that sucks is that everything of value is normally locked in safes/lockboxes...but i consciously made the descision to keep the door unlocked thinking that nothing will happen at noon with 2 people in the room...that computer was my baby lol

6. It's funny how life fucks us over just at the right time, lol.:smoke:
    Still talk to that RJ kid, he sounds like he did because Iv been in these circumstances and it's always the one who trys too hard to get your shit back.

7. yeah man i feel like its always the people that try to reel you in...i dont trust him. he even texted me proclaiming how offended he was that i would accuse him.....skecthball

8. TLDNR: fuck you.

Nice TLDNR. Fucking fantastic:hello:

9. Maybe you should lock your door now! No jk but ya man that sucks, I would pay attention to RJ, cuz it could be him. Just lock your door from now on.

10. When their on the meat hook, they'll tell you everything

11. Are you at college? If so, what school is so dangerous as yours? Most colleges now-a-days have a lot of security to make sure shit like this doesnt happen.

12. Does your computer have lo-jack or a theft tracking program? Tons of laptops come with a year subscription free.

Dorm security cameras maybe? Although if the thief put it in his backpack the cameras might not help.

In the future, invest in a cable lock. Laptops have a special hole on the side next to the different types of ports for one of these.

13. My school doesnt have shit for dorm security. Anyone can walk in or out of our dorms at any hour through a propped open door or someone letting them in. Then it's free hunting for unlocked doors, i know a girl who woke up to her laptop being pulled out from under her, and then the person running away with it.

OP- Invest in lo-jack through the school on your next computer or this one if you re-cover it. It will help immensely and be an almost guarantee that you'll get your laptop back. It runs in the bio's of the computer and is very hard to erase, and logs in every ip address and account logged into on it and sends it to the company.

I know it sucks but its a life lesson. Now find the fucker :devious:

14. [quote name='"jdm_420"']When their on the meat hook, they'll tell you everything[/quote]

Exactly. :cool:

15. Usually the guilty person tries to kiss ass to the victim.

I know, cause I used to be that asshole before I started smoking weed. Not neccessarily stealing, but if I did something that would affect someone else negatively I would always cover my ass and blame someone else.

I've grown up alot, thankfully

16. First rule of framing someone: Make sure they're black.

17. Yes i am at college.
    As far as security very few cameras, only in super public areas/parking lots...but once again maybe like 10 cameras total.
    One door to the whole hall which is accessible only to residents of the building with a electronic key..but letting people into the building happens and may/could be the case of what happend

As far as Lo jack the Po and I tried to activate lojack remotely which couldn't be done.

My new Toshiba that i just got as a replacement has LOJACK! and a cable wire lol!
    i wanna leave it somehwere and conduct a sting operation lollolololol:cool::D:p