Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Intense head pressure while high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stevedel0, Mar 8, 2009.

1. #21 Jingo Dookstain, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014

Sounds like it could be many things; chief among being high blood pressure. While it's not a direct result of smoking pot, you've probably received the condition from eating unhealthy foods while getting the munchies.

I'm no medical professional, but this is my most logical assumption.

Edit: Could also be simple dehydration. Again, not a direct result of smoking pot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. oh this is a classic example....some cointelpro of the modern age

old old thread necromancy but you can see a pattern...

back when there was a big LEGAL movement and advancements, noobs and new accounts back then started posting to infer negative cognitive teases towards mj/mmj...and then the accounts just faded away...

and now we have more advancements in legal mj/mmj and a new/noob account waves the voodoohoodoo necromancy wand to bring the thread back from the dead...to repeat/recycle a propaganda theme...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

logic based on science...I like that. :smoking:

4. when I'm high I tend to drink a ton of coffee and no water and I get this pressure too . I would say it's a mix of caffeine and dehydration! sometimes it gets soo bad that I can almost taste the pain in my head . kinda like the taste of morphine. lol that prob doesn't make any sense but w/e.

Just smoked a bowl, so this might make no sense and is completely off the ball...

But maybe the heat from the coffee is increasing the blood flow to your head, causing the pressure feeling.

6. hmmm that's interesting .. it could be. lol it looks like your avi has some pressure in his head :p

there ya go with that pesky science stuff..coffee, caffeine..ya...overdosing on caffeine can do it... :metal:

8. I don't aim to propagate lies about cannabis--I myself have been an advocate and user for many years. I am just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

I believe I have some underlying health condition, perhaps hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). I also know that I am slightly anemic. Obviously the foundation for my issues is not marijuana, but it seems to make them worse. I was wondering if any other users with similar health issues experience this from cannabis (and if they got to the bottom of it)--I am certainly not trying to say in a normal, healthy adult that this would happen.

9. hmm interesting ! I have anemia .. and such a low hemoglobin! saaaamerzzzz

well, hypoglycemia is an issue unrelated to pot...but that could be the problem.

the whole thing with the spreading of misinformation at times, is how people leave out details on their original post that would have shown the underlying issues at cause;
    tobacco usage
    alcohol usage
    Rx usage
    other drugs abused
    blood sugar problems in the family
    prior unmentioned ailments/conditions

they do so not out of malice at times, but because they were informed somewhere by 'authorities' that pot did cause these things...so they are in the back of their minds thinking 'blame the pot'.

I often mention victims spread propaganda...they are victims...they need deprogrammed.

note; people shouldn't be coming online to a forum asking for medical advice if they are having scary life altering physical/mental events with or with out marijuana involved..they need to see a real DR.

• Like Like x 1
  11. you know i also recognize the influx of propaganda posters, but i think its much more likely that theyre thread digging for anything old they can find to comment on.

not planning years ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I was looking for a answer and u explained it. Same thing w my pipe for me

13. Felt this when I first started smoking lol I loved it.

14. TRUE having the same problem and thought it was the chemicals on my cartridge since I’ve been smoking daily but it’s totally for holding the vape/smoke and doing it too fast guess depends on ur anatomy as well

15. so i’ve been reading through these replies and wanted to ask something also, i was a frequent smoker for almost a year and everytime i got high i felt perfectly fine. however one day out of the blue i smoked again and my head felt extremely full and there was a lot of pressure, everything just felt so out of touch and it was like if i didn’t think about something it would go numb. at first i thought it was the strain so i changed it, same thing happened, no matter how i smoke, bong, pipe, wax, or carts i feel so out of it. does anyone have ANY ideas as to what this could be? i haven’t smoked for 2 weeks i about i wanted to give it another go to see if i would get the same result. i did. my head feels immense and uncomfortable pressure when i smoke now, i enjoy getting high and it calms me down but it’s not like that anymore. any ideas as to how i can get rid of this? i want to enjoy smoking again.

16. New name of thread:
    Paranoid hypochondriacs