Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Intense chest pain

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HeavyEyes420, Mar 4, 2009.

1. #1 HeavyEyes420, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Last night I was smoking some haze with my bong that i just cleaned out. It was hitting really nice and smooth I was getting huge rips and not feeling a thing which was unusual cause usually I come close to coughing when i take those big rips, but this was not harsh at all, but anyways after i finished smoking i was getting this really bad pain in my upper chest area it was more uncomfortable than anything, it was hard to sit still at times. Sometimes i get this but this was worse then normal. I was alot higher then usual due to my cutback on smoking. I didnt smoke that much at all just half a bong pack and 2 or 3 hits from a blunt before that(granted it was some pretty potent shit, didnt need to smoke much).What really suprised me was the huge hits i was taken and not feeling a thing. Idk if it was cause i just cleaned the bong or my lungs getting used to the smoke or maybe cause of my recent cutback on smoking, but it wasnt a pleasant pain, it went away after like 20 minutes or so. Does anyone else get chest pains after smoking?

2. See a Dr. This is not something you want to take lightly.

3. #3 HeavyEyes420, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009

Really? I only expierence it after smoking bong mostly and when taking huge rips, when im sober im fine. Does anyone else get chest pains after smoking bong? I hear the bong could be why...

4. Well... not sure what kind of response youre looking for here but if youre concerned about it go see a doctor. Personally, I would just dismiss it as a weird quirk with my body since I have so many. I use to get weird chest pains, only while inhaling, normally (not smoking, just going about my day) and went to the doc. Said it was all normal (something to do with my ribcage). I later figured out that when I got that first chest pain from an inhale, all I had to do to remedy the situation was exhale as much as I possibly could and I would be back to normal. Just one of those things.

Hopefully this doesnt need to be said, but just incase - If it continues, get yourself checked out! Better safe than sorry.

5. Yes if this keeps happening I will definetly go see a doc. Im guessing its because of the huge rips taking a tole on my lungs, but idk.

6. dude a couple of months ago this old timer and me were smokin down, and he took a huge rip and coughed so hard he collapsed a lung and had to go to the hospital

7. sometimes i'll take a fat rip, and it feels smooth till i blow it out, then it feels like my chest/upper chest caves in lol. That might be what you're talking about.

could be bad i don't know. I'm not a doctor lol, but that happens to me sometimes when taking fat rips.

8. Yeah, i know what your talking about, but thats not it. I get that too sometimes.

9. You could be smoking grit weed. I remember getting a g of beasters that looked alright, then i smoked it and was not that high, but just didnt think nething of it. But after a bit my lungs just felt beat. In the morning i woke up and it absolutly hurt to breathe. Just sharp pains. It eventualy went away after a half hour or so.

10. I had a pain not too long ago and its still there a lil bit but it happened one day like urs but i was rippin the gas mask, felt like i was going to have a heart attack couldnt take deep breaths or nothing, it came after some pretty intense coughing as welll but I ended up going to the dr and come to find out I had a hair line crack in my ribs from extensive/intense coughing, I was told to take it ez but I didntr listen and the pain got way worse, not much they could do besides give me some pain killers n give it some time

11. I have the same problem. But I don't think it's from smoking. Possibly genetic. Take deep breaths :D

12. it could be heart burn, idk depends on what food you ate.

13. quite a few years ago i had pains like these. and it started right after i smoked a couple bowls. i went to the dr and did an ekg, and took xrays of my lungs. turns out there was a small tear in the lining of my lung. it healed up pretty fast, but it was painful.. i think it was called plericy(spelling?)..

14. I've had this happen before, especialy after I smoked about an eighth of dank from a hookah with sisha mixed in. It hurt to breath the whole night after I did that. It hasnt ever happened to that extent before or after that. Every once in a great while it will happen mildly though.

15. Agreed

16. I remember my friend who lives out in the sticks north of spokane, wa told me about some kid he knew who took really big hits of weed and smoked alot of it. apparently his lung collapsed, or something.

but, he's not a stoner, and might have the story wrong.

17. IF its upper respiratory (throat) you are possibly, simply experiencing "resin throat" a condition that occurs when too much resin accumulates in your trachea and the concentration of tar causes a burning sensation.

Im not a doctor but im gonna guess thats whats up.

18. Could be, it does feel kinda like a burn alittle bit, but idk I been cutting back on smoking only doing it once or twice a day and i took a few days.

19. Yo man Ive experienced some pain every now and then. Pot does increase your heart rate so that is what you were experiencing. It is no big deal man...Id recommend taking deep breaths and just chilling yourself out if it happens again dude.

20. Thanks, good advice.

I toked a blunt tonight and got alittle pain but nothing like the other night