Intelligent Watering System Issues

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DenialTwist, Apr 17, 2010.

1. I have recently bought a 12 pot intelligent watering system. It has a 40 gallon tank that feeds into a "brain pot" which in turn supplies the 12 pots.

I have read great reviews about it, and it certainly is some piece of kit. However I am having one major problem. The 2 pots which are further away from the brain pot do not want to fill up.

All the pipes are level with the ground, the pot is level with the ground but for some reason the last 2 pots simply won't fill up.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

2. Well, if it's all gravity fed from the brain bucket...the only thing that could be wrong is top-mounting the feeder tubes to the small buckets. They gota go in the bottoms of the pots. If this is true, then physics will demand that if the brain has water, so will the minis.

If the brain is filling up, but the little ones aren't either you've got something blocking the flow, or the tube is higher at some point than the top of brain's flood level, creating an unprimed siphon with an air bubble blocking flow.

Make sure your tubes from the brain are flat against the ground, and are tapped into the buckets at the bottom, not over the top lip.

One final possibility is that your minibuckets are somehow air tight...the pressure inside will prevent them from filling up as much as the brain.

3. Cheers for the advice. Unfortunatly none of them is the case...

Feeder tubes are all connected to the bottom of the buckets.
    No blockages in the tubes, and they are all flat to the ground.
    No air-tight buckets either...

I think I may have resolved the issue. After another attempt it seemed to sort itself out. I have no idea what caused it. Next feed is scheduled in about 6 hours, hopefully they will all work. Unfortunatly this hasn't always been the case...

4. ive had similar issues only with draining tho, then seems to rectify out of nowhere