Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Intelligence Level and smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MysticalStoner, Aug 19, 2012.

1. hey, I have been smoking on and off for a 2 1/2 years now, so I'm not really new to anything. But just got my schedule for my classes this year, and I'm in Honors Biology, Honors English, and A.P. US History, all college level classes, and Im in high school. It's going to be a hard year, but if I smoke a lot of weed, will it make me "dumber"?

2. i dont think so i just wouldnt smoke before school if i were you because trying to store all the info you read will be hard kinda unless you have a really high t. and i think you have to be 18 and out of hs to post on here bro

3. oh my bad man.I'm 18 just not out of hs.

4. it doesnt make you dumber but sometimes it make you to lazy to think.

5. I don't think it's a matter of intelligence, but a matter of discpline. Balance things out and keep what's important in your life first. If you find weed is complicating matters, step off and take a break until things are in order.

Motivation and determination is key.

6. You can definitely do it, I'm in college and I've been doing awesome, but there's a time and a place to smoke. If you suck in a particular area you're gonna have to hold off on toking during the time you study it (like me and math, if I'm blown during math I might as well not go that day -__-)

7. weed can't make you 'dumber', what makes you dumber is being a lazy mofo. keep your priorities straight, if you want to excel in school then focus on that and save weed for whenever you don't have shit to do

8. Bio is a freshman class??

9. Haha, well, as stated before, I'm pretty intelligent. ;)

10. I took AP US history, Anatomy, Ap chemistry, AP government, and AP macro economics in High school lol but I didn't smoke until my last day. But College has been a lot of fun and I feel like I am smarter than high school.

11. #12 WanderingWolfe, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    At the beginning of highschool i had to take an IQ test for a psych evaluation i was doing to test me for ADHD. At that point i had been smoking for two years. I had to take the same evaluation with the same doctor last summer before i went to college and my IQ actualy went up by 4 points from when i had taken it at 15.

Just know your limits. My best friend was salutatorian in high school and chiefed as much as i did. Just try not to follow the whole "study high, take tests high, get high grades thing" Understand some classes are more difficult than others and its just a better idea to sit through the 2 hours sober than it would be to be high out of your mind.

I will say this though. Take AP english stoned. I loved being high in that class. It was my first class every day senior year. (so right after i blazed in the morning) and got a 4 on the ap final.

Good luck bro! Make us all proud and be that high guy with a high GPA!
    The "idiot stoner" stereotype needs to die.

12. [quote name='"WanderingWolfe"']At the beginning of highschool i had to take an IQ test for a psych evaluation i was doing to test me for ADHD. At that point i had been smoking for two years. I had to take the same evaluation with the same doctor last summer before i went to college and my IQ actualy went up by 4 points from when i had taken it at 15.[/quote]

Your IQ can always change and usually gets higher as you get older..I took 2 iq tests high and sober to do my own experiment and got 2 pts higher while high..so I would say no it doesn't affect intelligence

13. Alright, thanks everyone for the info.

And I agree, the idiot stoner stereotype definitely needs to die.

14. Weed Isn't detrimental to my intelligence, or work ethic. I find that I enjoy whatever topic I'm on after a sesh, and sometimes I find that I have an alternate view on many subjects. Learning things can be fun while high, just gotta know your limits and plan accordingly.

15. Really it doesn't affect your intelligence, I've been smoking everyday for 3 years...I'm now a junior in hs in high level classes. Currently I have a 4.2 gpa and its never gone below a 3.7. The trick is:
    Don't smoke before school or at school
    Have homework as first priority, get stoned after

16. Now I KNOW that there are no 18 year old juniors

17. I'd say there can be 18 year old juniors, if they were held back because of grades.
    Clearly this isnt the case for smartass over here lol

18. Cannabis will not make you stupid or have a detrimental effect on your intelligence. The man has been spreading lies about cannabis since its prohibition in the 30s. In the 1800s-1900 cannabis extracts were the most common medicine in the United States. I have been using cannabis for medical reasons since 15, kept good grades, and got a 27 on the ACT while medicated. Just don't overdo it and you'll be fine.