Intel shows Sessions spoke about Trump campaign with Russian ambassador

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AugustWest, Jul 22, 2017.

1. At a loss for what?

2. They'll still investigate Russia regardless. If there's evidence of his guilt it will come out eventually.

Rather have sessions out because I care about black people, immigrants, and pot smokers and innocent people losing their property more than I do about Russia.

3. #63 scurfer, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Profundity

4. I don't care about Russia - I question your reasoning. Keeping Sessions is the best avenue to take to get rid of drumpf. Get rid of him, and all of the stooges he appointed are gone as well - including Beauregard.

5. You don't care that a hostile foreign government hacked our democracy with the help of Donald trump? ?

6. Just pointing out an observation.
    I remember sessions being bashed in the media for being a racist, and homobhobe during the confirmation process.
    Just wondering what's changed about him? Wolf Blitzer and his panel of one crazy republican and 6 Clinton donors were gushing over him earlier.

My opinion of him hasn't wavered one bit.

7. I would love it if Jeff Sessions stayed. It might just give Trump a stroke. It's ironic that the man whose catchphrase is "you're fired," now doesn't have the political capital to fire Sessions.

Now the rumors are starting to swirl about Tillerson wanting to resign because he can't deal with the Trump White House.

8. I wouldn't wanna work for him, especially after the way he fired comey, and treated him afterwards..
    No one with any self respect would take a job in that administration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tell me about it

You don't run into a burning building

10. ...and you blame CNN for all this? Would you prefer propaganda in which Trump can do no wrong?

11. I'm sorry, but I don't understand how anyone can say that they hope Jeff sessions would stay on.

Him leaving is like one of the best things that can happen.

He'd have to appoint someone more moderate in order to get him confirmed.. Especially now with all the Russia stuff going on.

Jeff sessions is a horrible person.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'm not blaming anything on anyone.
    I prefer no propaganda at all.

I simply pointed out an observation that I found interesting.
    That is all.

13. This has nothing to do with Sessions as an individual. It's about the power of the office. There is something so incriminating in Muellers investigation that is driving Donald nuts. He needs Mueller fired and Jeff won't do it. All this is about is getting rid of Session with the only remaining weapon at Don's disposal, insults, Wonder what insult will Don tweet tomorrow. I'm waiting for Don to call Jeff a wussie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sessions' only value is as an impediment to Trump's game of political checkers. This is a man who seems to believe that marijuana is nearly as bad as heroin. We all know this. It's just a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. #75 AugustWest, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    I'm just gonna have to disagree with you folks.
    Any chance to get sessions out is good.
    I don't like they way he's being treated by Trump. He should just fire him if he's that unhappy.
    But this is a good chance to be rid of him.

Any new appointee will be drilled by both Republicans and democrats as to whether or not he will fire Mueller, and involve himself if the various Russia probes.

It's gonna be tough for him to get anyone confirmed.
    It'll be the assistant ag in charge for a while.

The 2 being discussed are guilianni (who has 0 chance of confirmation)
    And Ted Cruz who would never fire Mueller because trump tells him to. Not huge Cruz fan, but if firing Mueller is the big concern.. I just don't see Cruz doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think you do know how they can say that - the left will support anything that Trump dislikes. Plain and simple, literally anything and everything. It doesn't even matter if when he was chosen for AG that he was basically an evil hobbit in the eyes of the left. Now that Trump has blasted him, like sky dog mentioned, their mentality is, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". What should be added to that quote is, "even to the bitter detriment of my country." Fucking sad.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The problem is you assume they won't appoint another Alabama type conservative who will do the same shit as Sessions. I imagine we get a pot grabbing tough on crime prick that is a stooge and tries to shut down any investigation valid or not. It will be the worst of both worlds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I just don't see who would be worse than sessions that actually has a chance of confirmation.

I explain myself better in my last post though.

19. It will definitely be interesting if Don decides to fire Jeff. I'm waiting for Don to decide that he can pardon himself and goes for it. Don also wants the FBI director to answer directly to him and not the Justice Dept. .
    And now Don is becoming unraveled because laws won't allow Don to fulfil his dream of becoming dictator.

20. Your interpretation of my posts is baffling.