Intake Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NickW, Nov 3, 2010.

1. This is a picture of my plans for my box and i was wondering how big the intake on the bottom left and bottom right should be and the intake between the 2 rooms should be. My fan is going to be a 140 cfm computer fan probably about 5 inches

Attached Files:

2. :confused:Just the computer fan doesnt seem to be enough imo for all the space, get into the beginner forums and take a look around for ventilation. There is a formula to figure your cfm's and i recommend a vortex inline fan or squirrel cage/blower, but I live in the desert...:smoke:

3. Yeah i know thats what i thought but someone told me that it should work for my box. Guess it has a high static pressure.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-ULTRA-KAZE-DFS123812H-3000-120x120/dp/B001JKNMBE/]Amazon.com: Scythe ULTRA KAZE series DFS123812H-3000 120x120 x 38 mm Case Fan SKU: DFS123812H-3000: Electronics[/ame] Its only ten bucks on newegg.com

If it doesn't work then ill upgrade to a better one.
    If you calcualate the cfm needed for my dimensions it doesn't really come out to that much so i think i should be fine. Im thinking about making all the 3 intakes out of 2 3 inch pvc elbows? Or should i use 2 4 inch pvc elbows for the 3 intakes? Is there a better way to make the intakes then using pvc elbows?