Intake or Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scrumper, Nov 7, 2006.

1. So I'm building a new grow box, and I'm wondering what would be more important, an intake fan or and exhaust fan. I'm assuming an exhaust right?

My other idea was to have the fan be an intake, and blowing on the lights to keep the temp down.

I'm a little worried about heat, only because I'm using a cardboard box. I've lined the inside with foil, and then white posterboard. I'm only going to be running 2 CFL's, but I just want to be safe you know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. The box is 20x12x20 (width, depth, height)

2. well cfls produce barely any heat so dont worry about that

3. yea I was thinking that, but better safe then on fire right?

4. 20 inches isnt much to work with, I would say use a tray not a pot and luckily CFL's can be nice and close to the plant but still Its going to be a tight fit.. Use the fan for exaust.

5. Yea I know 20 inches isnt alot, but its more than I have currently, sadly. Okay so exhaust it is. Thanks guys.

6. I'm not sure in i understand the questions so you have an enclosed box and you are trying to decide weither or not to put in an exhaust or an intake? Because one with out the other is absolutely useless if the box is sealed ever tryed blowing into a 2 liters bottle?

7. Yes, your going to have to cut a hole in the bottom opposite side of equal size to your exaust hole.

LST correctly and you should be good.