Intake and Exhaust question for Cool Tube

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fsu_kronic, Dec 24, 2007.

1. I have a 250 watt cool tube and I am stuck on trying to figure out how to exhaust this. I have a 400 cfm 6" Vortex Fan as well. My cab is (HxWxL) 4x2x3. I want to run a all in one line Exhaust system. I was wondering if I put my vortex fan in the bottom of my cab in its own room if I can suck air out of the cab through the open end of the cool tube through a flex duct through a carbon scrubber and then finally the fan pushing it all out the bottom corner of the cab. Then I want a passive intake on the bottom so I would cut two 6" holes in the bottom for intake?? I dont know I m a little lost on how to achieve this all one line exhaust with a passive intake?

2. Yeah that's similar to how I have my cool tube running, I use a 600 watter though, and it works well.

The temps will greatly drop but make sure to use the least amount of ducting ( look through it and you can see all the tiny holes inside with light shining through, this most likely lowers the amount of air able to be pulled through) and reduce all sharp turns in ducting if you can.

Also with the oder neutralizer, you may wish to get a bigger fan if the air movement is not as much as you want but it should be fine. Let me know if you need any help on the parts needed or anything else, gl : )

3. Thanks for the quick reply, it sounds like you know what your talking about. I think 400 cfms will work just fine probably be a few days before I test it. I was still wondering on the intake though. So if I just cut 2 6" holes that will be enough for the passive intake? And I put a PVC elbow on both intake holes and paint the inside black? If the elbows are aimed straight up at the light will it still shine through the elbow? I was also wondering if I could just cut 3 4" holes instead will that work just as well? Also should I place the intakes all at the bottom left side or can I put one on the right side, one on the left and one in the center for passive?

4. Here is a diagram of what I want to accomplish with my cab for my tomatoes. Think this design will work?
    [​IMG]

5. I always thought your Vortex would come last as they want to pull...I think. I thought the line - up would look like.. Carbon scrubber---->>>Cool Tube---->>>>>Exhaust(Vortex)--->>>>Out As for your passive intakes, I think you are on the right road there from what I know. Pretty sure you want twice the area you exhaust for intakes. So if you have a 6" exhaust, 2x6" or a 12" opening for intake if fine. Good luck, I'll be following to learn some too! Peace - OGH

6. looks good enough for me what is that exhaust fan power in cubic meters per hour? i hate all that difference inch/cm celcius/farenheit shit screw those who cant settle all that shit worldwide if u keep your exhaust too low the hot air will stay under the roof of your browbox its always good to mix air all around the place so get a fan mixing that air inside and i would make it like cooltube - scrubbler - exhaust and remove those 90 turns in your flex duct check out my setup somwhere here its not complete yet tho i made a lot of mistakes myself )))

7. Yeah thanks Babylon Ive been checking your cab out and its actually where I got the inspiration. Im trying to set my box up exactly like that. I have the box and all the parts but Im afraid to start cutting until I get some more info. I hear you on the exhaust, good catch there. I will definately move it up as high as I can and I will get a small fan for circulating the air.

PS-- 400 cfm = 679.68 cmh

8. wow thats a powerful one be careful or itll suck your plants out of there ))) i just realized that u cant put the scrubbler the way i told u ) becouse its a different type of filter than i have than do it like the man before me told u peace

9. be careful with the turns of your ducting pipes each turn steals about 15-20 % of fan power

10. the power that my fan 180 cmh gives is barely enough for my stealth setup id prefer 360 - 400 exhaust fan and a 250 cmh fan for my 400 hps bulb thats really hot shit ---- hope i dont miss this time)

11. the powerful cooltube is a real MUST HAVE thing IMO -- later ull just want more and install 400 hps in there))))