Installing Windows on VMware 3

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by ImissBubbles, Apr 1, 2010.

1. I have the Windows on my comp (Running Mac OSX) and want to install it on my VMware so I can do some botting on Club Bing. My question, is how do I burn the windows to a disc, so I can install it on the VMware? What program works best? I have the serial code and everything for the software, just not the disc </3.

Thanks in advance.

2. What version of Windows do you have? Windows 7 has built-in support to burn ISO images to disc.

Other than that, I've used Nero and Roxio to burn ISO images. If you don't have either of those, this one looks just fine:

Free ISO Burner

But, VMWare should totally have a built-in tool that skips the entire disk process. I haven't used VMWare but in Hyper-V when you create a virtual machine you can specify the ISO image to use for the OS installation. You can also attach ISO images to the VM at any time using the menu in the Hyper-V window.

3. I thought I would be able to do it with just the Iso too, but it says I need to put it on a disk :\ I might just be computer dumb in some areas. But I figured out where to burn it (Disk Utility), just waiting to get a blank DVD to burn it onto, since a CD won't fit it.