Installing Exhaust and Intake Fans into grow box ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Taylored, Jul 30, 2011.

1. What is the best way of installing these. I already have them wired to an ac adapter. Should I make an outline of the fan and cut a little smaller than that? Also, what is the best way to the wood on the cabinet?

2. #2 JayF, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
    I'm in the process of building a cabinet grow at the minute. Here's how I'm doing mine:

mini-100_6866.JPG

The first image is the growing area. I jigsawed a hole through the wood, the size of a reducer. From the reducer I'll have a duct hanging to the reflector.

mini-100_6863.JPG

The extractor is simply screwed to the other side of the hole in the other cupboard. I'll smooth the cracks with silicone to reduce resistance.

Fans suck air out more efficiently than they blow it in, so it's best to have the extractor at the top with an intake hole somewhere at the bottom below the foliage canopy. This is also better from a safety point of view. It's best to have electrics above the waist and water below.

Light leaks are sealed with black silicone and the hinges are sealed with foam pipe insulation stapled in place. There'll also be a heavy curtain hanging on the outside of the doors, as well as black/white plastic and mylar on the inside, but it's best to be safe than sorry.

3. I put a pen inside the fan area and spun it around to get my hole. Use a drill with one of the circular hole cutters on it. If not that use whatever you have available. (Even a drill bit and ALOT of small holes in a circle and punch it out)

I used a longer screw and put it through the screw holes on the PC fans. There should be one on each corner of the PC fan. I put the PC fans on the inside of the box.

Not sure what you mean at the end;
    Also, what is the best way to the wood on the cabinet?