Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

insomniac

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by forthelulz, Jul 18, 2011.

1. The past week has involved a lot of smoking (a lot being a relative term of course) but regardless of the amount, i've been toking up at least 6 times a day, ending it with a bowl before i sleep/watch a movie/music. This being the summer and all, smoking this frequently has become the norm for me, but usually I smoke once or twice a week on the weekends so its effects do not carry over to negatively affects me in any way. 2 days ago I smoked the last of my herb and yesterdays been going great, I hardly had the urge to smoke and found productive stuff to do instead of getting being on the interwebs all the time. But while the day went by awesome, im stuck here at night, with nothing to smoke and nothing signaling me to sleep. Before writing this thread I had the impression that it was still maybe 1 in the morning, and its actually 4 :/ The strange thing is, there's no feeling of that 'void' during the day, only when night hits I get this sensation of restlessness and distracting thoughts, I guess these being the usual minor symptoms of withdrawal from weed. Normally I have always had trouble falling asleep when im not smoking even growing up, and it could take me an hour or two to fall asleep but when I smoke its only a matter of minutes before im no longer awake.I've always heard of the insomnia that hits when you stop smoking, maybe that's what is happening. So what do I do gc, should I take these symptoms lightly and blame it on the weed or is it something i have to analyze with weed being taken out of the equation? your help is greatly appreciated

2. I think pretty much anyone who smokes everyday has a hard time sleeping when they stop, for me it only lasts 1 night so itll go away soon. Try exercising really hard earlier in the day, that will def help

3. its the weeds faught. next best thing for sleeping is melatonin.;)

4. it's the lack of weed bro.
    solution: more weed

5. I run into the same problem every night. And I don't currently have access to any more weed so it sucks.

Just get high before you go to bed, maybe hold off during the day once or twice.

6. I'm the same way. bud makes me sleep super fucking fast, but thats because I smash myself into a food coma lol, or mostly because it just exhausts me on the way down. I thought I had insomnia, but it turned out I just have a computer. I work at 8, its 5, and still here i am

7. lol melatonin is the best thing for sleep, its what our body produces to cause sleep :]

8. #8 Dulalo, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    I havent smoked since last week wednesday. I have a hard time falling asleep.
    gimmme some kush! I need it :D

9. join the club bro...

10. thanks for all the input guys, to BiHBeast, I work out just about every day and run 3 times a week, but for me that must not do much for sleep sadly. it seems like a common problem amongst all smokers i see here, the inability to sleep after stopping. the consensus here vouches for more weed, so more weed it is haha:smoke: self control is what i need instead of smoking so much during the day :rolleyes: thanks schmidty797 for that comment it can get difficult now that there's hardly a thing to worry about in terms of school, but you make a very clear and straightforward point on holding off, that it now comes to me as common sense. and yes i agree resonate, computers are too distracting when it comes to rest lol theres just too much information to explore and too little time

11. I take 3 or 4 vape hits and usually that's enough to bed me