Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Insomniac

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kronikkk, May 17, 2011.

1. Now I know there are a ton of people that use weed to treat insomnia, but I have sort of a different situation myself. I've been smoking daily for a while, and usually when I'm dry (it'll usually just be a night or two because I had no time to get some shit or I don't have the money together) I simply cannot sleep. Idk if it's that I get so used to getting stoned and falling asleep (I smoke once-twice a day, usually at night) or if I actually truly am an insomniac and just don't realize it because I've been smoking pretty much daily since last summer when I started having trouble with sleep. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, do you think it is caused by the marijuana or is it already an underlying health problem?

2. if you didnt have the problem until you started smoking its pretty certain its the weed causing the problem, not just a coincidence.

agreed though, weed is the only thing thats helped me sleep consistently. ive been on 5 or 6 prescriptions for insomnia in the past and weed beats them all hands down.

3. Yes, the following days after recent heavy marijuana use can have a toll on your sleeping paterns. It will only be for a few days. Try some melatonin or OTC medication used to treat sleeping sickness.

4. Hm. If I ever end up in Cali which I might be around August I'll look into getting a card for insomnia. Do you have to have medical records for that shit because I've never really heard of going to a doctor for insomnia.

5. Yes, back before I started smoking weed, I did not have problems sleeping. Perhaps a bit harder to sleep than most, but no major problems. That and sometimes caffeine keeps me up a little too late. But once I started smoking I definitely became dependent upon it for sleeping. But the effects subside after the first few days and I can usually get to a non drugged sleeping pattern. And now I have been smoking daily for, almost two years on and off or so. I have also used melatonin supplements, which also help a lot when I need it.

A good thing to do is stay busy and work all day. You will be amazed at how much more energy you have, and how productive you can be whist not under the afterglow of your morning joint. That and you will tire yourself out and hopefully get some rest. Running is another good tool.

6. "never heard of going to the doctor for insomnia"?????? ambien muthafucka, do you speak it?

and you would need previous medical records just like anything else, although i cant comment on how needed records really are in cali really since i dont live there.

7. Used to pop it at fifteen to while out during school but other than that...not really.

8. I definetly notice this as well. The first day off after I smoke every day I simply cannot sleep, it only lasts one night for me though, then my sleeping pattern goes back to normal.

9. oh. i was just surprised is all, sleeping drugs are one of the most over prescribed things in the country, right up there with add/adhd meds and depression meds.

and yeah man i used to have some crazy times on ambien before my tolerance built up....crawling around the sand dunes of my carpet puking in the sphinx head toilet, talking to all the inanimate objects in my basement who had honest-to-god personalities, living out a megaman type game inside my head, riding my floating futon like a witches broom all over my bedroom.....and thats just the beginning. i often reminisce about those days, its slightly pathetic when i think about it.

edit: lol @ my stoned rambling....you got me on a whole tangent man, thanks :)

10. Dude you're fine. Take melatonin before you go to sleep. It used to help me until i started smoking daily...because usually ill have a few bowls of a nice dank hybrid after school and that powers me through my hw with the sativa portion and by the time im done with hw the indica side kicks in and i get tired as fuck and fall asleep and dont wake up once.

11. eww melatonin... that stuff would give me a really restful sleep but i would wake up every 45mins~ through the night, and i usually never wake up once im out. most people have good results with it though

12. Ight I got my question answered.

Thread's over. You can all go home.

13. the same thing happens to me... when u smoke heavily and jsut stop ur going to have more energy and a hard time sleeping