Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. ok recently (past month) my girl has been suffering from insomnia. she'll wake up in the middle of the night, can't really get to sleep, toss and turn, etc. i was wondering what is the best type of herb for her? indica, sativa, ruderallis, hybrid? let me know what you konw thanks!

2. from personal experience i'd say indica, a strong joint of that will definately put you to sleep.

3. sweet what strain do you recommend?

4. no idea man, in england we don't tend to go by strains. i'd say northern lights is a safe bet and its pretty popular too.

5. o also should she smoke right before, 1hr before bedtime? what do you guys usually do?

6. I would say to do some research. Indica strains give a more heavy buzz and can help with insomnia. From personal experience Kush and Romulan made me pass out...
    I would smoke before bed, about 1 hr before.. and if I woke up and kept tossing and turning I would take a toke and then lay back down and fall asleep again.

7. sweet and that sig made me laugh lol! +rep

8. I would smoke some kush an hour before bed. Eating it really helps me pass out but its kind of hard to ingest the right amount at the right time so that it kicks in a little before bed.

9. sweet i'll get some indica type meds and see which strain she likes best! how do you guys do it so you don't depend on it?

10. I always found catnip tea or valerian to be much better for sleep, but then thats not what you're really looking for.

11. I suffer from insomnia aswellw hich is one of the reasons i started smoking weed, but get an indica strain, a kush that will deifnately do the trick. Roll a joint about 30-45 minutes before bed smoke it and jjust go to bed and try to relax although she'll probably be relaxed as it is :) also Mother's Milk works too which is a tea made from weed check that i out. I believe IndianaToker has a thread about cannibis recipes and I think its in there. Hope this helps.

12. sweet thanks to all of you for the help +rep to all:wave:

13. indica for sure but look up this stuff called melatonin its like a vitamin your body naturally produces at night to make you sleepy and u can buy a bottle of it and u take 1 about 20 min before bed and you get NICE and tired i sometimes double them up with a few bowls ahaha but they actaulyl work no werid side effects either. most markets and pharamcies have them. best of luck.

14. wow really? thanks i'll have her try that

15. Kush worked for my friends.

16. i take between 2-4 Simply Sleep (or generic) sleep tabs + smoke a bowl or two of pretty much any dank weed

take the pills 30 mins before bed, take the bong rip 10 mins before bed

gl :)

17. hey Try some sour diesel