Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Insomnia - seasoned smoker

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MarissaJane, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Hello,

I’m a seasoned smoker and have been for many years. I recently received my medical card and use it to help my insomnia. I have been using edibles because my issue is staying asleep. However I’ve found I still wake up in the middle of the night and cannot fall back asleep. I started with 10mg but wasn’t enough.I took 20mg and it worked for a few nights, but no longer keeps me asleep. Should I increase my dose? It just seems like so much 25mg. Or should I try other options? I’ve been using fruit chews but I thought about capsules? Anyone with insomnia have this issue?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have always fallen asleep ok, but my issue is waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall asleep. I found a strain at my dispensary that helps me a lot, I usually smoke about .4 in the middle of the night, 2 bong packs and I am usually back asleep within 5 minutes, but I need that head rush from smoking or I have trouble sleeping

3. Thank you! Maybe I’ll start keeping my bong next to my bed so I don’t even have to get out of bed.

4. Protip - Combine your edibles with like 4 Valerian Root capsules, and some Melatonin to your comfort, and it will all work hand in hand and go a long ways toward keeping you asleep at night. Just my $0.02. Hope this helps!

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thank you! I will definitely try that. I’ve never tried valerian root so I am interested to see the outcome.

6. I have a little man that lives down the street from me that heard I made brownies. He also uses it for sleep he really wasn't a weed smoker and he eats 75mg before he goes to bed and he weighs about a hundred pounds maybe that'll tell you something

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Damn I thought 25mg was a lot ha obviously not. I am new to edibles so it has been trail and error for the most part. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well slowly find ur number. If u do too much u may trip due to over medicated.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. If worried about over doing it, just keep some cbd gummies on hand. They'll level you back out if it's too much.