Insomaniac's Official Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 369225, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Watching, waiting.

2. Day 11:
    Plants are looking a little bit darker after I watered with nutes yesterday. Nothing much else to report, latest clone still hasn't taken root yet so hopefully that is sooner than later. Mostly worked on straightening up/updating my work bench just a tad.
    IMG_20111201_155930.jpg

3. Day 12:
    Can't quite tell if I am getting five tipped leaves quite yet, still appear to all be threes although the top could still be a five possibly. Hobbit weed clone still hasn't rooted yet so hopefully it does soon. I am now hoping to try and fill up the flowering room fairly quickly and work out a steady pace.
    IMG_20111202_151704.jpg

Been thinking up a far improved design for this same type of box and I think I finally have all my difficult questions answered I just need the supplies. This will have the airflow all configured very nicely making the box quieter and the fans having to work less. This would also include some higher tech features with cleaner wiring and a much sleeker design. I can't complain though because my cardboard prototype is working just fine. :smoke: Here are some cool pics of my box opened up with the LEDs on.
    IMG_20111202_151837.jpg
    IMG_20111202_151827.jpg

4. Day 13:
    Nothing yet to report on really. Played a lot of Skyrim today, fun game.
    IMG_20111203_195831.jpg

5. Yeah...know what you mean, it's just a waiting game for a few days....

6. #26 Deleted member 369225, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
    Day 14:
    At work all day and came home to some surprises, a good bit of growth and some 5 tipped leaves on the flowering clone. But another surprise that is not so pleasant, I found some sort of fungus or mold growing on a bit of the soil in the Sage mother plant. Probably going to do an H2O2 flush of the soil just in case.
    IMG_20111204_211107.jpg
    IMG_20111204_211114.jpg

7. Day 15:
    I actually never got around to flushing with H202 yet, but I see no more signs of mold except I found the clone I took dead and covered in the stuff. Must have been when the lights went out because I don't recall seeing it before bed. So I took another clone of the potential mother and now that I think about it I will take a few just so I have better chances.

On the brighter side, I am starting to see some nice growth although it is stretchier than I want right now. Going to order another round of LEDs Friday, so I will hopefully get them the next week. Also going to get some rapid rooters to try for cloning instead of just soil. (I've just been so unsuccessful with this it seems)
    Enjoy! :smoke:
    IMG_20111207_135440.jpg

8. Great thread you've got going! I'm a fan of LED's myself so I'm rooting for you

9. Day 16:
    Bad news, the first clone is at least a male and hopefully a hemaphrodite, I am going to let it go for a few days and see if it develops any female parts but I doubt it.You can kind of see the male junk, it's not too big yet but it's certainly male parts.
    IMG_20111210_102613.jpg

10. Thats always been my nightmare, ...after all the work to have it thwarted by a male/hermie.....sorry to hear that

11. I still have another (potential) mother that is ripe for giving out clones that I haven't gotten one rooted yet, but I have chopped one. I wish I had the room to take several clones at once, maybe once I get rid of the (probable) male.

If it is a hermie I am not that worried, because then it was just my fault for letting light leak in and at least I would probably have a female still. I don't see any pistils though :/

12. Day 17:
    Good news! There are pistils so it is just a hermie. I have two ideas of what may have caused this, that first night I switched timers and had the hiccup in the light schedule or some of the light leaks that I fixed a while back. Either way at least I may have a chance to get some better clones off the likely mother and try again.
    IMG_20111211_132049.jpg

13. Hey Pardner...any updates ?

14. Well, for now I am kind of in a week or two waiting period before my next set of clones hopefully take. The plant that was a hermie I just decided to chop, I didn't want any pollen to be released and stick around in the cabinet. I now have taken two clones of each plant and am just waiting and hoping that I caused the hermie and it isn't genetic.

15. With pollen being released, you may want to super clean your rooms if you haven't already. That shit sticks to anything, even plastic on the ceiling.

16. Thanks, but I decided to cut it before any pollen was released because I didn't want to risk having it in the chamber where I plan to flower females.

Next week Friday I am going to order some more parts for the soon to be new and improved grow box. I plan to hopefully have the new grow box ready for the clones I have now. Even if not I still have my current grow set-up which is just fine.

Also if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for any micro version of something to put in the box that would be great. Like a mini CO2 system, although that probably wouldn't benefit me as much.

There was a sonic pest repellent at Target I was thinking of picking up if anyone has any experience with these I would like your input, until then I will search around the internets until I find something.

17. So for a little update, I have a second clone rooted of the plant that hermied originally so hopefully I will have a verdict on if the genetics are bad or if I caused it to hermie.

18. Hey guys, I know it's been awhile but I have a new clone that is female going as well as a new grow cabinet. I just decided to start another thread so come on over.

New Thread!