Insight on Picking Strains?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by colton620, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Right now I'm stuck between all these strains to try out growing and I need to narrow it down but I can't decide on which ones. Right now it's blue mystic, G13 Haze, Northern lights blue, white rhino, critical, and critical super sliver haze. It's $205 on gorilla seeds and that's a little too much. If you could narrow it down to 3-4 which would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. all depends on what you are looking for

3. I have a 4x4x8 grow room with a 600w MH/HPS. I'm pretty new to strains and stuff and I'm not really picky. That's why I wanted some insight on them to make the choice easier.

4. Its hard deciding sometimes. Google smoke reports and also grow reports for each strain and breeder. You and me may look for different things like the height of the plant or length of flower, or the effects experienced. I just ordered seeds and it took me forever to come up with a final decision. The minute I thought I found what seemed perfect, I would see something else and be lost. Reading threw reports from people who have grown and consumed the strains helped huge. Good growing to you.

5. #5 ChronJonDoe, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    Im going to recommend Great White, Very little stretch, super dense, and very heavy yields. Great for indoors! 
    Also consider cloning some plants, saves a lot of money on seeds and you have a guaranteed female.

6. That's how I feel. I like the sativa effects so I wanted one of those strains but I want to grow one along other strains so I don't want one huge plant taking over my tent. I have been reading some grow reports but I haven't really had the time to sit down and read a lot so I'll probably do more of that soon.

7. I like both Sativa's and indica's, I just like it all I guess...lol....I usually will grow sativa on one side of my tent and an indica on the other. When growing different strains in limited space it helps if you choose plants that stay relatively the same size and growth rate. I like too anyways. Makes a packed tent a lot easier to maintain, keeps faster growing taller plants from hogging all the light.

8. I might try the great white out. I'm thinking maybe Blue Mystic. Super Silver Haze. And G13 Haze. I guess it doesn't matter since I can always grow the rest at another time.

9. #9 Indie-Kah, Dec 1, 2014
    It's always a personal taste thing, really. Though do a bit of research...especially on when the strain was established. To truly be a strain, traits have to be fixed. For that to happen to a "breeder's" standards, it means specific traits to a particular plant, three generations of them breeding true with NO recessives showing, the next generation is then a "breed" or "strain".

What qualities are you looking for? Thanks to so many states being med legal and many of them requiring testing of cannaboid levels for medical distribution, you can pretty easily find out which strains are typically very high in THC, if your main interest is getting wrecked on as little as possible. If it's taste that you're looking for, identify the qualities you consider to be "good tasting bud"...a bit of an evergreen smell or taste? Find strains reported to have that quality by other smokers. Sweet, kind of fruity undertaste? Find one of the berry strains. Sweet, kind of tart? A "citrus" strain like Orange Kush, Agent Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon Diesel, Lemon Haze. That strong kind of sharp aftertaste? Go for a diesel.

Follow?

I like the cirtusy ones. To date, my favorites being Agent Orange and Orange Kush. But I also enjoy Duh, Headwreck, and Amnesia Kush, as well as deadhead and Grapeful Dead (Grapefruit/Deadhead hybrid).

10. Yes. This makes a lot sense. I think I have a good idea of what I'm gonna finalize with. I'll research some more. Thanks a lot! Maybe I'll start a grow journal too on these strains!

11. The NL Blue is one of my favorites!  It is tasty and strong.  I have one currently.

12. #12 brixfix, Dec 1, 2014
    Wish I could help you more, I've never personally grown or tried any of those stains. I've had northern lights but never blue nl. I put white widow clones in soil couple weeks ago. Also have some Cinderella 99 getting ready to be flipped. I'm dropping god bud and LSD seeds later this week. Got a few more seeds but that will pretty much max me out, room wise. Ya man the good thing about seeds is you can always hold on to them. Get those in feminized seed form if you can and keep the ladies on hand for the future

13. LSD is another one that is a favorite of mine!  It gets pretty chunky and will really grab you by the balls.  And yes, I have one of those currently too.  ;).

14. You'll be pretty impressed with the potency of God Bud, and I'm a fair fan of White Widow, though it's not in my 'top 10 strains list", personally (prefer JTR to White Widow, to be honest).

15. My current menu:

LSD, NL Blue, Darkstar, Trainwreck x2, Sensi Star x2, Super Lemon Haze, White Widow x Big Bud, Fruit Punch, Berry Bomb, Blueberry Headband, Vanilla Kush, Snowbud, and I forgot the other ones.  :)  That is most of the list tho.  

16. let us at cannabis seeds USA help you pick the strains for your next grow. Visitus at WWW.CANNABIS-SEED.our website is extremely user-friendly in full a fantastic high grade strains. use the promo code.... 420flyer....for a 25 percent discount on your order. I myself started my grow a business using the seeds and have had nothing but success. 100% of every scene I have purchased germinated within 12 hours and has grown into healthy vibrantpotent and great yielding plants at about half the price of our competitors. very fast shipping and very discreet billing methods. if I can post photos to this thread I will do so as soon as I figure out how. fantastic seeds at a fantastic price and it's all right here in the US. why would you use anybody else keep your money right here on US soil and buy a premium productat a fantastic discount pricefrom cannabis seeds USA

17. Where do you guys typically buy from? I was leaning towards gorilla but I heard good things about attitude also.

18. WWW.CANNABIS-SEEDS.US this is a fantastic place to get started log in and check it out user friendly and I'll tell you what I'll even give you a 25 percent discount flyer if you use the promo code....420 flyer....you will get 25 percent off of your purchase. fantastic high quality seeds discrete payment methods fast delivery at an incredible price.

19. go with whatever if you are a true grower no matter what you pick will turn out amazing, strains and shit is a bunch of commercial shit, if you got the skills you'll turn out a good product

20. Different strains have different flavors, and different average "loads" of specific and general cannaboids.

Your statement is the equivalent of saying to a dog breeder "breeds and shit are commercial bullshit, whatever you raise will turn out show quality"...not true. They might be able to "grow" as healthy and show perfect a Chihuahua as they could a pug, had they chosen to, but no matter what they do, if they want that squished up face and curly tail, they have to choose a pug, not a chihuahua.