insidesun.com dont

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tolhas, Jan 17, 2007.

1. I bought a 400 watt HPS on 12/19/06 i got messed up on x-mas and new years so i forgot about it. then on 1/02/07 i email them to send the Tracking Number. well they said it was backed ordered and will ship the next day and they sent the number. then on 1/5/07 emailed them asking why when i try to track it the shipping company says that it should have been here the 2nd. got email back saying that the bulb upgrade was out of stock and if i want to wait till it comes in. what i didn't get was why they told me this the 1/6/07 and not the 1/2/07? and tell me that its shipped and everything. ok so then they emailed me saying they are mailing it now...that was the 1/09/07 and it is now the 1/16/07. so over 29 days and still no light. i guess my girls will have to do with CFLs till it comes .....if it comes....any info on what i should do now but wait is happy taken.

2. so bumping

3. Do you have some sort of specific question?

I see that you asked "what do you do now?"

What do you mean? It's kind of vauge.

Are you asking how to use CFL's? Those should be 1"-3" away from the tops of the plants, or as close as you can get it without burning the plants.

4. have a winge somewhere else please.....

5. Hey, I feel the guy. Man, this is a community, and if we can't listen to people vent about a fucked up customer service issue with a place quite a few people on here deal with then wtf.. but anyways yeah, sucks, but its worth it bro, insidesun has always provided me with great products, so don't take this as the type of company they usually are :) good luck hope it works out for ya

6. I bout a 400w HPS with a MH Conversion bulb from Inside sun.

Got everything on time plugged in the MH Conversion bulb and it didn't work.

I called them, no answer. I've sent 4 E-mails each time having to give the

shipping address and Mike saying he will ship it. It's been about 5weeks and I'm still

waiting. . . . .

7. I just meant like what happen if he ran off with my money(All 200 of it...lol) but ya i have been using CFL's for 3months just never started a grow thread cause no camera.

but mike told me its shipping 3 times. but this timei got the tracking number and it "should" be here tomorrow. mike said it was the bulb upgrade i wanted and it was out of stock.(thats was after he told it was shipping the 1st time)

blaze on:smoking: ,Tol

8. To me this is the perfect place to air your concerns over something like this. Companies with customer service like this need to be outed and what better place than a place where we are all customers. If Inside Sun is really screwing around like this then let this be a warning to those thinking of doing business with them. I would also let Mike know that you have posted this on several forums (you dont need to let him know which ones). But if he knows that you are spreading the word about your dissatisfaction then maybe he will step up.

Just me $.02 but I am in the customer service industry and it take 10 good comments to counter one bad one so speak up and let your voice be heard.

Good Luck to you guys

9. Yeah I don't reccemend this place anymore either.. My buddy bought a rig about 3 months ago, and it crapped out.. Dude said he would send a replacement piece, never sent, and now refuses to answer any emails. look elswhere fopr you lighing needs IMO..

10. +rep tolhaus for time+effort of giving us a heads-up. i agree this platform can empower us. 'the customer is always right'....until they get your $:rolleyes:

11. Well heres a update the light came in everything looks good. there is just the MH Conversion bulb missing. Sent email will keep updating till everything is here.

reasoner22 thanks for the +rep

12. I suggest that you always remember man, they can't just "run off" with your money without shipping you stuff, thats why you use a credit card. Believe it or not your credit card company will do pretty much anything you ask of them when you get fucked. If someone doesnt send you something call and request a "ChargeBack" on the charge and they'll take care of you. Back when i dealt with insidesun they were always cool with me, but of course this has been a while. Now that I see all of the issues people are having I believe I will find a new supplier =) good that you got your shit though. happy growin

13. It's great to have the credit card companies on your side, but if you should ever have to depend on their guarentees, and customer service after the purchase.... Forget about it.... Insidesun ceases existance at that time...

With so many other places you can buy new lighting units, and not refurbished for the same price I'd personally look elsewhere.. Good customer service before a problem arrises is nice, but if that customer service ceases when a problem arrises it pretty much seals the deal foir me.. Insidesun will never get my money or reccomendation that's for sure.

I get 2-3 pm's a week with questions of where people can buy the lights I use.. Screwing my buddy For a $5 salvaged capicitor lost them a lot of business in the long run.

14. I've always seen good recco's here for Inside Sun, this is the first thread I recall relating bad experiences with them, not just for one person but others coming out of the woodwork. Thanks all for this info.

Makes me glad I had bought from HTG Supply. I found them to be responsive and delivered what they promised, and the posts of others seem to relate similar positive experiences. Anyone have anything else to say about Inside Sun and/or any other suppliers?

15. I had 2 orders with DH the 1st was made when this one was and both orders came before this one and with no problems. and toasty i know what your talking about that why i went to insidesun but not every order is the same.

16. yea dude, get them to credit your $ back and go to www.htgsupply.com
    they are as good as it gets for cust service and $ to quality ratio. i've never heard of an unsatisfied customer from them.

17. I just bought a 400w hps/mh conversion kit...last night so we will see....heard alot of good things from them in this thread so figured what the hell and ordered it...thanks for the info on those sites guys!

18. did you go with insidesun, or htgsupply?

19. HTG they are also really fast with answering any questions you have!

20. I ordered a 400w hps awhile back from inside sun as shipping was backlogged as well for 2 + weeks, also with no reply.
    If u look at his biz site on ebay he sells a TON of lights ...so my guess is he has more demand than supply and runs behind.
    When I did get my light everything was cool and it is still going strong.

My point is I think this is how it will always be (shipping probs and such) because his prices are so good.