inside to outside transplanting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Syztem, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Well, ive been growing indoors for the past month. I moved 1 female plant about ~43 days old outside today and planted it in the ground. was wondering the chances of it surviving, it doesnt look too good but what are the chances of it recovering? I planted the seedlings i had inside, outside as well and they seem to be couping nicely with no problems.

Is it too much shock for the big plant to handle? just wondering, if it dies its no big deal but i would like to see it live.

2. Depends where you live? What season / timezone are you.

Max.

3. South florida.

4. According to FLORIDA TIME you are just moving into 12/12 so flowering is in full swing. All should be OK as long as she survives the transplant but IMO it should have been outside a few weeks ago.

But then i'm more an indoor grower browsing, I'm sure other Florida growers will better help.

Max.

5. A friend of mine has had his outside the whole time and they are budding right now, but he was an idiot and left them in these small ( I think 4", not positive) pots. I am new to this and have 5 sprouts, ranging from 2"-3" about under two 18" flouros, in which I transplanted into 4" pots after sprouting in soil and they are doing great.

I would suspect that if you moved the plant into the ground before introducing to the sunlight/outside for a couple days and not putting it in a hole with the same soil as you planted it in then you definately have a chance of termination. But it is older so mabye it will pull through.

I plan on introducing to sunlight in the same pot as inside before transplanting, even then I might just put into another pot with same soil as I used for the sproting and maturing instead of the ground. If you want to increase your chances I would try that next time.

Hope that helped a little bit, oh and let us know how it did if you get a chance.:eek: