Inside Growing "My Personal Grow Box"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WeedScience, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Well here is my first post, so tell me what you think about my grow box.
    so I took a 3Ft. wide by 4Ft. tall box and covered it with foil on the inside.
    Using double sided tape to install it. Instead of putting white paint on the box I put a white drop cloth on the bottom. For lighting i used a 75 watt light output which only uses 17 watts of energy! (you can get them from walmart for 10$ By the way its a 24' flourescent gro light.
    Im pretty sure that this book can fit at least 2 good sized plants or 4 small ones for a little while.
    well thats about it so heres some pictures.
    I forgot that i cover it up with a black trash bag for the top.

[​IMG] heres the box with the lights on

[​IMG] heres the box with the "top" on it

[​IMG] Heres a inside view of the box

2. your links dont work man =[
    upload ur pics here in G.C. and use the html they give u

3. WeedScience, I had to break it to you but those bulbs aren't as good as they would lead you to believe. It's still only a 17watt bulb but it's the equivalent to a 75w incandesant. You will need a good few of them as they will still only put out around 1000 lumens each.

4. You said its 3' x 3' x 4'? That is perfect for 9 plants, if you do some training to keep them about 3 feet tall. Get much better lighting tho.

Lighting is the only place you cannot skimp on growing marijuana. If you didn't spend more than $100 on your lighting and you plan on growing more than one plant, you didn't spend enough. The thing to look for is lumen output, you want 5 to 10 thousand lumens per plant with 10,000 being the perfect number.

Buy 10 more of the lights you just bought, then you will be in business bro.

5. im only 16 i hardly have enuff money for that 1 what about putting some cfls on it

6. You agreed to the rules when ya' joined.....one of them was that you are "Over 18" yer' not so.....C'Ya' in two years :wave:

7. well put DrBudGreengenes!