Insects ????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by APalmer, Jul 13, 2006.

1. I went out to my plants today and I found something that is kinda strange. There are little brown piles of something on the stems. When I remove it there is a small hole in the stem itself and the stem is swollen like something has been injected into the stem. Is this insects laying eggs possibly? What can I do to prevent it from causing any damage to the plants. They all seem to have it going on. I have been using garlic and soap solution but that is not taking care of it. Is this anything to worry about? The plants don't look unhealthy or sick. They just got little piles all over them and I don't want to lose my plants this close to harvest. I have put alot of work into these girls and I believe that I should be able to be rewarded for my efforts. Please I want serious replies only. I get SO tired of the dumbass comments.

2. Hmm I donno bout the brown stuff on the stem but if it is eggs then u have to make sure u keep spraying it for when they hatch. But if the plant looks fine then i wouldn't worry too much just keep sprayin as much as u can.

3. I think you might be able to get away with plucking them out if its a SERIOUS threat. I had a huge chunk taken out of the bottom of my main stem, and it just grew back fine. This actually was directly after transplant, so im sure if they are small you could use a needle to cut them out. But this will cause stress. So be careful. Good Luck.

- Vince

4. i agree to keep spraying them, but dont over do it, twice a week at the most.

5. I will keep spraying them Fisher, however I don't think I will even attempt to cut them out of the stem Vincent because I would almost cut the stem into about ten pieces and I am not going to stress my plants ike that I am to close to harvest. These plants are going to harvest me over 200 ounces and I I am not experimenting with my girls. They are already showing stress due to the swelling I have stripes of purple on the main stem, Not on the branching leaves.I did spray a barrier around them with yard gaurd but I didn't spray the plants. I went ot 5 feet clearence around the plant and sprayed them. Thatgot rid of the little pest. NO I didn't get it on my plants,

6. Yes I agree, do not cut them out. I only reccomend doing so if your plants life depended on it. I'm sure it will do just fine, cannabis is pretty tough. Good Luck!

- Vince

7. Thanks they seem to be doing good since I sprayed the yard gaurd barrier. I have to spray 3 times a week but this is stopping it from damaging the plants.

8. if you have almost reached harvest DO NOT risk it! on the other hand if your not that close and you have minimal bud then your just gonna have to gamble. ultimately the choice is up to you. these pest can sometime destroy entire crops (not sure about the pests on your plants) but if you catch them early them probably can be stopped. if they start to look unhealty at all harvest immediatly even if its not how much you originaly intended to get.

9. make sure u stop spraying a little while b4 ur harvest so u dont die from smoking it
    i say keep doin wat ur doin