Insect Problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Vincent16, Aug 31, 2006.

1. I encountered some strange little bugs. Only about 2 or 3 of them. The only way I can descri4e them is: a ver small beetle, with an anteater-type nose that points down. It appeared light brown. I saw it nestled in one of the flowers, and i blew at it, and it ran up the leaf. Anyone know what these might be and if they are a threat?

- Vince

2. If it has 6 legs it is a potential threat. Monitor very closely, especially now we are well into budding.

3. True I had a few of these on my plants I think and I just picked them off everyday and then I did not see them anymore. Good luck with the pest control and I hope you buds don't suffer from them, in fact I think in one of the more recent pics I have posted about my grow there is one in a pic, it might not be the one you r talking about but it sounds the same as you described. JOE>

4. Sloppyjoe, picking them off is probably the best thing you could do. We dont want any sprays on our buds.

5. Yes, i will just remove them at every visit. I've never seen thekm before, so i doubt theres that many around.

- Vince

6. Prolly not bro I only picked for like 3 days or so before they were not around any more. Happy growin! ;) JOE>