Insect problem [need help ASAP]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 42976, Aug 8, 2007.

1. My plant is a lil over a month old and i have been noticing that these little bugs that fly have been on them when i go out to check on it...not alot of them just a few, but i suspect that they have been eating away at the leaves becus i dont seen any spider mites.

whats the best way to rid of outdoor insects eating away at my plant???

2. some garlic, onion, peppers, little bit of dishsoap. put in blender for a bit then strain out well before spraying with spray bottle. works for me very well and does no damage

3. Try 3 tsp. Neem oil
    3-5 drops gentle dish soap (no anti-bacterials)
    1 quart water
    In a spray bottle, shake well, and soak that baby down, but be sure to do it after the sun gets low, around sunset is best.

Also try adding a few drops of Neem oil to your feedings, it will increase the resistance to molds, as well as bugs.

4. I'm of a mind that anything that attacks my plants needs to be exterminated (flashing on Daleks rolling around hollering "exterminate, exterminate")

I use Rotenone and Pyrethrin spray on my vegetable garden. I haven't had to spray my herb garden but if there are any creepy crawlies trying to munch on my girls, they'll get a dose of poison too.

Rotenone is a naturally occurring chemical with insecticidal, acaricidal (mite and spider-killing) and piscicidal (fish-killing) properties, obtained from the roots of several tropical and subtropical plant species belonging to the genus Lonchocarpus or Derris. It is a selective, non-specific insecticide, used in home gardens for insect control, for lice and tick control on pets, and for fish eradications as part of water body management. Both a contact and stomach poison to insects, it kills them slowly, but causes them to stop their feeding almost immediately. It exerts its toxic action by acting as a general inhibitor of cellular respiration. Rotenone is rapidly broken down in soil and water: its half-life in both is between one and three days. Nearly all its toxicity is lost in five to six days of spring sunlight, or two to three days of summer sunlight. It does not readily leach from soil and it is not expected to be a groundwater pollutant. Rotenone is highly toxic to fish. If used as a piscicide, it may also cause a temporary decrease in numbers of other aquatic organisms.
    Pyrethrins are natural insecticides produced by certain species of the chrysanthemum plant. The flowers of the plant are harvested shortly after blooming and are either dried and powdered or the oils within the flowers are extracted with solvents. The resulting pyrethrin containing dusts and extracts usually have an active ingredient content of about 30%. These active insecticidal components are collectively known as pyrethrins. Pyrethrin compounds have been used primarily to control human lice, mosquitoes, cockroaches, beetles and flies. The natural pyrethrins are contact poisons which quickly penetrate the nerve system of the insect. A few minutes after application, the insect cannot move or fly away.

5. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1777309" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>cabby</TD><TD class=alt2>some garlic, onion, peppers, little bit of dishsoap. put in blender for a bit then strain out well before spraying with spray bottle. works for me very well and does no damage </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I agree with cabby, but for peppers get the hot ones (habanero or Jalapeno):cry:

6. i bought the Ready-To-Go Neem spray and it seems to be working so far