Insect larvey in my pot reservoir

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Earlybloom, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Hello all
    After feeding today i noticed there was sometype of insect larvey in one of my pot reservoirs, then noticed wat looked like a really small insect of some sort fly of my plant. Are these at all harmfull to my plants? And whats the best options for removal?

Sorry no photos

2. Like a little fruit fly kinda?
    Most likely fungus gnats...you should look into their cause and see if much of that stuff is going on.
    I don't think they're deadset harmful...but they aren't helpful and can fuck with your roots a bit.
    It's more the underlying shit that causes them you should address.

A lot of people would suggest making up some "white oil" to get rid of them.

That is, if they are those.

3. Yep thats exactly what they are.... lil fuckers ive flushed atleast 200+ down the drain they just keep coming. Ive ran through a mix of eco neem to starve them out, my only concern is now ive fed my plants neem oil should i now feed nutes or will they be fine till Tomorrow.... i am using coco/perlite

4. Yep thats exactly what they are.... lil fuckers ive flushed atleast 200+ down the drain they just keep coming. Ive ran through a mix of eco neem to starve them out, my only concern is now ive fed my plants neem oil should i now feed nutes or will they be fine till Tomorrow.... i am using coco/perlite

5. Not sure about hydro. But this is a common bacteria based soil fix.

It's also commonly used in fish aquariums and ponds

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Layer the top and bottom of pot with sand. Gnats cant dig through it.

• Like Like x 1