Insect id help, great pic included

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Jul 21, 2019.

1. i was checking tricks, and noticed this later when I blew up the image. I am searching net pics, but if anyone recognizes this thing, I would appreciate the help. I haven’t noticed any damage or signs insects till just now. This is in my greenhouse, so it could be anything.
    Thanx in advance
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
  2. No pic?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. Try now, and thx for looking
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think that's an aphid

5. I think the rear body shape is all wrong for being an aphid. Aphids are more teardrop shaped. This thing has real unique wings. If it wasn’t for the wings, I would think it was a thrip. The lack of a dark eye also makes it unique. It’s a puzzler for sure.
    Thanks for playing ID that insect.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah I thought the same looking at more photos. It's almost like a mosquito and an aphid got it on......a mosqui-phid lol!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. That’s almost exactly what I thought. I tie flies for fishing and look at insects the same way I build a fly. It’s got a mosquito rear and wings, and the head is from the movie ‘Aliens’ or something. The whole eye thing is weird. Or maybe eyelid,
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Totally. Very creepy lol

Hopefully nothing to worry about.

9. Fingers crossed.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hmm idk it wont let me see a pic

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

11. #11 Sc00byD00bie, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. I think we found your growing secret!
    you have alien lifeforms as part of your grow. talk about some serious bio-diversity for your soil.
    I understand how adding different and various types of compost in your soil makes for good diversity, but adding in alien lifeforms must be your soil supercharger.

hmm, this now explains how you end up with growing results like that monster Ripley's OG. you're cheating with extra-terrestrial lifeforms and giving yourself an unfair advantage over the rest of us poor smucks
    :lmafoe:

Edit: I think from now on every plant you grow must now be considered under a new "grow name" just for you. everything you grow and harvest should be called "Alien OG" LOL
    oh, if that is already a strain name they will have to give it up to you LOL

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lace wing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Here is a free but great program I got from the New York botanical garden for identifying flora and fauna.

Take a picture send it in and several possibilities with photos come up with suggestions.

A Community for Naturalists · iNaturalist.org

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Thanks I will check some pics, that would be cool if a good guy showed up to my party.
    Thx bunches
    Cheers
    Os

16. Wings are kinda small of a lacewing I think, and they dont look very laced. The abdomen area looks different as well
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I think it looks like it's half way from juvenile to adult

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks for the help, that looks closer. I wish I could have taken more photos, but realized quite a while after taking the photo, that my critter was there. I went back to look for more later, and couldn't find a thing. (which is ok, especially if its one of the bad guys.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  19. Those are the stages that are hard to tell. I will search for more lacewing life stage pics. I think it is a predator, it looks like its built to move fast and maneuver. It also seems like most insects up here have just a little different coloring/ markings than most of the examples I found on the net. I see lots of tiny predator wasps, but the ones I usually see, aren't quite that small.
    thanks everybody for the answers so far
    cheers
    os

20. Parasitic wasp?

Not sure, but kind of seems along that line of things. They look like the ones that I’ve checked out from where I order my beneficials. They’re usually white like that. Not sure though.

• Like Like x 1