Insane drifting/gymkhana video

Discussion in 'General' started by smokeandmirrors, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Whoah. Looks like some kind of insane version of autocross!!!!!

That's skill.

2. whoah indeed - that is some talent he has - how the fuck does he do the doughnut in the blocks - that is so hard to do in such a small space :cool:

amazing skills

3. damn hes good

4. holy shit, that segway scene was fucking incredibly. Takes some serious balls for both of them. Man, talk about a car being an extention of yourself..

5. segway dude has big balls for sure :D

6. wow I'm not one to ever get off on that automotive shit liek alot of guys do but HOLY FUCK was that insane! Mad props to that guy cuz that was nuts! The segway thing just blew my mind!

Wow

7. I know what you mean JC - and normally I would never post up something like this - but this is batshit insane :cool:

8. i mean...just...WHAT THE FUCK. first of all, do you know how much harder it is it slide an AWD car like an sti on concrete? and he does it like he just thinks about these maneuvers and the car just whips into whatever crazy ways he wants it to go.

and at 3:00, the backwards slide around the pole, just amazing. there's so many good parts in this video.

9. yeah I know first hand how hard it is to get the arse out - but with a good, hard Scandinavian Flick, a competition hand brake and 400 BHP it gets easier ;)

The thing I love most about the vid is how he leaves the empty warehouse - fully sodeways and with about 6 inches to spare at either end! :eek:

The guy is way beyond good - he is legend :cool:

10. simply amazing is all that has to be said

11. I never got the appeal of drifting and all that tuner car shit or whatever.

But this was actually pretty badass.

12. Haha, right as I was looking at all the tire marks already on the pavement I thought to myself, "I bet this is spliced from the best shots of him running this course, he's bound to have hit more stuff practicing."
    Then the segway scene comes up, and I notice that the guy is already surrounded by black marks, and I kind of cringed and laughed thinking about what they didn't show us. :rolleyes:

13. so what, that shit's amazing. that's why the video said it was PRACTICE.

14. dude - it's gymkhana - of course it's practiced :D

it's a competition

a certain amount of cars will compete in an arena using all the obstacles and buildings and they are judged by an expert panel etc etc

it's a bit like a cross between bmx street and drifting

this is just one guy showcasing his talent and the segway bit was thrown in for fun

u if you watch closely he does get it wrong at one point and scuffs an embankment

15. hahaha funny..

Anyway yea thats crazy, easily the best gymkhana racer alive that was mint...

also, New set of tyres anyone? LMAO

D.
    :smoke:

16. Thats badass dude.

17. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was thinking maybe a few other guys on segways got run the fuck over during the making of this and it made me laugh. I wasn't meaning to say anything against the video or the driver.

Oh man, that first sentence makes me sound like such a sadistic ass; I'm leaving it that way because it makes me laugh :D.