Insane deal on Samsung strips ~

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by falconfalcon31, Apr 27, 2020.

1. #1 falconfalcon31, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    EDIT : All things possibly are not as they appear -- I have been advised by some people that these are really outdated and not very efficient. I already ordered them and wil find out I suppose -but buyer beware - study the data sheet and decide for yourself. I hope someone who is pro shows up and helps clear the air on the issue.... Peace ,Love and Toilet paper....:icgreen:

As the title says I was alerted to this on Bookface , https://www.arrow.com/en/products/s...2Hkv17ZxvIIWzw0vqlj-OaeYZjPhdixsGL0ZSkAnoFNmU

https://static6.arrow.com/aropdfcon...75e/12data_sheet_influx_linear_rev.1.0.pd.pdf

on sale for $4.91/each right now usually $29/each. They aren't very efficient per se -but at that price and free shipping we can run them low and then its groovy ... :) 20 strips total was 154.38$ with all their nice little tariff crap ...heheh These are 8-9000 lumens in 560mm, super intense strips me thinks- looks like 3K , 35K and 4K avail. I can't wait to build with these ~ I'm going to do 4K and 3K on separate drivers so I can tune it t the growth cycle :) Their typical usage is 66.6 w ( ROFL) at 48.2v and 1380ma - So I'm thinking maybe 5 on a 48v 240w driver. That would put me at 1amp and 48w per strip -I wonder if thats low enough to get the best efficiency I can. Maybe doing 6 would be better? Then .833ma and 40w.

• Like Like x 2
  2. i would do 5 on 320w B driver with dimmer

what size grow area

3. #3 trojangrower, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Thank you for this! Just ordered a dozen.
    Samsung HinFlux L09 build

also ordered ELG-200-48 driver for 4 for 50w per strip. I have 4 on the 240 driver now, but its turned right down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm just an addict....ROFL.... I am slowly replacing all my HID for the summer with LED - I want to run them soft to be more efficient so that would be too much . I also think I know where some drivers are for series wiring - it is a 240 1050c - I wonder how those might power these ?

5. #5 trojangrower, Apr 27, 2020
    Just gonna say, 320w for five is overdriven and efficiency will drop; why not just run them at their rated voltage and just buy more, cheap enough, and 320w more like six strips, probably even seven.

maximum voltage is rated for 49V.
    320w driver should be enough for seven of those strips at typical.
    Also, all the other models on sale, ie. the 3, 3.5, 4, and 5K versions.
    I attached the HinFlux manual below (.pdf).

6. #6 old shol4evr, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hey bro - where is that data sheet from ? it looks different than the one I saw - I am actually now concerned these are not efficient at all and maybe at that price are just an ok deal at best. Have you used these before? People in the LED Gardener forum were trash talking them badly ...:( I want to figure out what's really up. I even tried t cancel the order last night after chatting with the people there but they wouldn't do it ...they did however after me nicely complaining refund me 1./2 the cash. hehehe I guess they really don't want them. THis is the dats sheet I found at digikey : https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/Samsung PDFs/inFlux_Linear_Rev.0.9_2-5-16.pdf

8. Trying to make heads or tails if this is worth. Huge difference in efficacy running the modules at 1380mA vs 1000mA.
    [​IMG]

9. #9 trojangrower, Apr 28, 2020
    looks kinda the same, maybe a reprint. The numbers are different a little bit, but I noticed higher amps being used in your document, ie. 1380mA
    those are authentic Samsung lm301B diodes ... I believe they are, or at least very near, the best you can get. Note the quality in the writeup, all the codes and explanations, the lots numbers, serial numbers, etc. Note that each diode is numbered. You don't get quality like that anywhere else.
    whatever. There are paid shills everywhere, people supporting their own product or opinions. One guy up thre saying support USA, lol, there are no diode manufacturers in the states that I am aware of. Samsung is a S. Korean company, and not Chinese. There was some discussion regarding whether or not Arrow was providing appropriate origin data as its listed as China, but never did get to the bottom of it.

look at the tree I grew with them over couple years now
    View attachment 2787240
    now look at it.
    View attachment 2787242
    View attachment 2787243
    it now takes the entire rack, not just the bottom half.
    without those strips, the tree would have died over the winter. This set I would use only to augment the daylight time during winter, but it Loved it. So does the other plants underneath.

Mostly I use these lights as supplementary, but I could grow a crop with em. Here's a snap from last year
    View attachment 2787248
    If you look carefully, you can find three of them, each provided a very good boost to that plant.
    They are good strips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. #10 trojangrower, Apr 28, 2020

quality. Note the 1Amp rating on the bottom.
    I ordered a dozen, if they are different, I will know.

• Like Like x 1
  11. wouldnt mind 10 or so in my 3x3

12. the data sheet you showed LM301b performance -the one I found at Arrow with the strips shows efficiency of 155 lumen per watt - not the 190-200 + of the LM301b... here's the data sheet .https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/Samsung PDFs/inFlux_Linear_Rev.0.9_2-5-16.pdf
    the strips I linked are the " inFlux_L09" on the data sheet - I'm pretty sure. Anyway - it is what it is .. I just don't want a potential mistake I made and posted about to affect others. So what amps/volts are you running them ? I actually just now was checking Digikey and its listed as an "obsolete" part...:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #13 trojangrower, Apr 29, 2020
    After closer inspection of the documents, I think I made a mistake.
    The lights offered are Influx not H influx?
    The document you show is dated 2016, the one I showed earlier was 2018.
    I'm not sure what diode is on those strips now.
    They use LM561c

14. oh =so those aren't that bad - that's same as QBV1 from HLG isn't it ?

15. yea, but not the same as I thought at all and so I am requesting a refund. The ones I thought were on sale are actually $38. no thanks. And I made a mistake recommending the smaller 200W driver as that would only power 3 of those strips at 1.38 amp instead of 4 at 1.0 amp (like L09 Hinflux can).
    Samsung should at least use a proper naming scheme like gen1, 2, 3, etc or something instead of that stupid Hinflux vs Influx bs.
    they won't take them?! hmmm. imma chat with them tomorrow I suppose.

16. I'm sorta pissed = but chalk it up to a learning experience - I usually never buy stuff without a few days research. shame on me and them ... ROFL. I wonder if theres any cheaper hi power drivers I could use with them - I need to find some other alternative to the Meanwell option that s more economical.

17. I'm sorta pissed = but chalk it up to a learning experience - I usually never buy stuff without a few days research. shame on me and them ... ROFL. I wonder if theres any cheaper hi power drivers I could use with them - I need to find some other alternative to the Meanwell option that s more economical.

18. Inventronics are cheaper drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hello @trojangrower , those Samsung inFlux Linear strips including the inFlux_L09 are made with the lesser known in the growing community LM301A diodes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. ah thanks bro, never knew what LM301As were for, I will look them up... seems like I have the lot on their way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1