input needed on affordable mini tubes.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by KCglassart, Jul 9, 2010.

1. So, i just got off the phone with HVY glass. Been thinking about getting some minis. But just wanted some input on them. These will be going into a non profit org. But if you would, just some feedback. We know they are better tubes out there that are high end. But we are not looking at those for now.

We are loooking at what the simple person would be happy with and still not break the bank. I really like the Hvy 12 inch buble dome perc. It gets the job done with money left over.Anyway please let me know your thought if you own one or have checked them out.

BTW, Hvy told me take at this time they really do not do alot of difused down stems. They got a machine to do them but time wise it is hard to do and keep up.
    Thanks for the help with this.

2. I think ZOBs would be a better expenditure. Load it up with ice, way smoother hit with less drag.

3. I have a fairly new HVY mini beaker with a 8 arm tree, splash guard, ice notches, and of course a diffused downstem (wouldn't have it any other way).

It was fairly cheap, $150 at a local headshop (not the normal price - on sale). It's very smooth, especially once I bought an ash-catcher for it. The guy at the headshop gave me an extra downstem too (it's a long story) and they're both diffused. Not very well though I might add, just some crooked lines of tiny holes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Swapped out the stock bowl with this one for $10 extra

[​IMG]

Also picked up this bowl for it

[​IMG]

Here's a shotty sequence of my friend hitting the tube with the ash-catcher attached (the ash-catcher is a GONG left-coast diffused ash-catcher, I'd definitely recommend it).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd highly recommend the same set-up I have. All in all it cost me about $255 for the tube, ash-catcher, and 2 slides. That's only because I got a deal on the tube though, normally the tube itself is more around $200+ from what the headshop told me at least.