Inline Fan

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by watergate, Nov 11, 2010.

1. I have a 4 inch fan that i have drawing air from a carbon filter. the 4 inch fan is on the inside of the tent. i noticed that the 4 inch inline fan is drawing air into itself. Should the 4 inch inline fan be on the outside of my grow tent ?

2. I have no idea what you're saying..... it sounds like you got the part where you draw air through a carbon filter rather than push it. after the fan pulls the air into the carbon filter it should push it either directly out of the tent or into a duct that runs to the outside.

3. im glad you responded to that post.. i though i was messed up when i read it.... :smoke:

4. I think I know wha you mean. The fan is drawing air through the fan housing and it is not being scrubbed before leaving the tent. I would say its only a problem if it stinks. I have a big room I vent out of with my fan in the room and have no issues.

5. I have a 2' x 2' tent with a 4" inline fan with a duct silencer attached. The NOISE is too much to handle for my circumstances and is keeping me awake at night. Does anyone have any solutions to this. There is no carbon filter yet, but I cannot see how adding one would effect this noise very much if at all.
    Help.

6. Depends on if its the sound of the fan or the sound of the air moving through.

7. Get a pc fan. Or a fan speed adjuster for your current fan Problem solved