Inline fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Indicasuupreeme, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Should start as soon as It's pluged in. If not put your ear to it if the motor is seesed will still make a hum. Also plug something else in to make sure that outlet has power.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

2. Plug it in.

3. Did you read this in the description at amazon?
    "The motor on the iPower booster fan is not enclosed and is not to be used in high humidity environments. Please purchase an iPower inline fan instead if you require this functionality."

I'm pretty sure a grow room is a high humidity environment. Not that it won't turn on because of that but maybe if it's not working order the other one called the inline fan instead of the booster fan.

4. I bought 2 of this fan and neither one of them are turning on, I read somewhwre that I have to wire it to an extension cord???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. You have to plug it in from what I can see. The cord is so short you'll need an extension cord unless your duct can move close to a plug.

6. If you plugged them in and they didn't turn on you probably got bad fans. You're in the US correct? with 120 volt single phase electrical? That's what the specs are on those.

7. Yeah I’m in the US. Both fans you think are bad?

8. If you plug them into a known good plug that works with another device and they do not spin they are bad. Take a quick peak for a reset button somewhere on the motor and spin the fan by hand to make sure it's not obstructed.

9. Okay so the 4” inline that I got is working now. The 6” still isn’t, I bought it used off amazon so that may be the culprit. Sending it back along with this 3 gallon smart pot. will the 4” be good enough for a 2.5x2.5x6 exhaust?

10. Whatever will maintain correct temps with your setup will be good enough. I use my exhaust fan for temp control. I have it hooked to a variable speed controller and with it on low right now in the winter I'm maintaining about 82 degrees for the daily peak. In an LED garden IMO that is optimal for rapid growth so that's what I'm sticking too for now.

No reason to increase the exhaust if what you're using is maintaining good temp and humidity levels.

• Like Like x 1
  11. what about intake? will the 1 1/2” opening at the bottom of the door suffice? or should I funnel in some air?

12. I only use passive intakes. Keep the tent at a negative pressure by only using exhaust fans. This helps reduce the odor that can escape.

I got some 6" ducting that's black on the inside from my local grow store. I just ran short sections to both my veg and flower tents for intakes with a few bends to prevent light leaking. I also leave the flaps open on the back side of my tent against the wall since very minimal light gets in those. I'm mostly sleeping or gone during lights off and don't turn the grow room light on anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Put cold air intake at the bottom of the tent to keep roots cold. That's how they like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. So funnel some air in?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. That's exactly what I do. Exhaust fan with ducting and passive intake, maintained by speed controller, I keep mine towards high if for some reason I'm having heat issues and slowly work through it and tone it back down to low. The expanding foliage should reduce heat issues with time. Then I work it down to low. More than enough for 630W ceramic MH (that would be too large for OP's setup, a 315 CMH, quantum LED, or 400W HPS is ideal). I can remove one bulb if I need to also. Pair that with oscillating fan(s) or some other type of fans and you're good. An actual intake fan is not needed most of the time in an air conditioned house in small grows. If you can use it to improve your situation and make your day easier, then great. But I believe it may be possible to deal without it.