inline fan not cooling down 1000w lights need help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by oddpuertorican, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hey everyone I just hooked up my 8" inline fan 750cfm to (3)1000 watt MH but temp is still at 90 inside the room. 

Attached Files:

2. The run is really long. Maybe add a couple of duct booster?

3. An 8" fan only has enough cooling power for 2 - 1k lights. And even then, the duct between the hoods has to be much shorter. Seeing this configuration, I would place 1 fan on each or start considering AC. There is no amount of duct boosters that can make up for that span of duct on one fan. There are thousands of tutorials about this. Read more.

4. You have the same post in another thread that you started. People are going to stop helping you if you ask the same questions over and over again.

An 8" fan can cool 4-1ks if done properly. The problem is most people don't take know what the hell they are doing and don't do any research on the subject.

6. No. It can not. The problem with these kinds of posts is that they are always 100% filled with the magical " if you do it right" syndrome. The main problem with all of the grow issues that people keep asking for help about is that people do not take the time to learn or do not have the finances or intelligence to do things the right way with the right equipment to begin with. I am very interested to read about what "the right way" is for stacking 4 -1k lights to be cooled efficiently by a single 8" fan. Sorry bro, but you have to sell me on that one. There are over a million posts concerning this very thing that are available all over the internet for people to read and learn, yet here is just one more post asking why, when the obvious answer is staring them right in the face. 

7. 4 1ks can be cooled by an 8" fan if they are in 6" hoods. In the order of: 8" fan -> 8"x6"x6" wye -> 2-6"x45* elbows than run each length of ducting to 2 rows of 2 1k lights than reverse the process and have the exhaust on the exact opposite side of the room. Also there is no way you are going to cool over 2ks of light without and A/C. I don't care what you do or how many fans you have. The in-line fans can move as much air as they want but that much power is going to produce more heat than the fans can remove.

8. Inline fans are to cool the reflector and reduce heat. They are not meant to keep your room cool (when used in this way).
    With your setup, the best thing to do would be add a filter at the top of the room with a blower (sized right of course).
    You can exhaust this to the outside and it will be removing the hottest air and no smell with a filter (if smell isn't an issue then delete the filter). I would then put that on a temp sensor to turn on and off as needed to keep the room the temp you want.

A/C will also solve this, but at a much higher cost.

9. Oh come on now. You said if it was done right, then an 8" could do it. Well, now you want to bring Ac units into the equation? Now that is just flat out cheating good sir.  ;)

10. LOL well at least I was technically right.

11. My last 3 grows i've used window A/C units and temps stayed around 70-75 degrees but even with my phresh carbon filter set up some of the smell leaked out.  Do any of you guys think a portable A/C unit will do the job.  My old house central a/c would have been sufficient but this new house just doesn't blow out as cold.