Initial tips and tricks for setting up an indoor grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sixinchflop, Jan 11, 2016.

1. So I'm thinking it's time I finally stop waiting for summer and evolve into a all year round grower. I've had 2 outdoor grows so far with my first being a shoot and hit gold mine, Grew nicely with general help from my other smoking pal who is a gardener, Fat buds that smoked nicely and pal who grows indoor was amazed at the size of my crop, The second not so good, With this one I thought I regulated it so much better looking up flowering times and signs to look for on plant etc not just moving it in when I thought the garden was too cold. Anyway, Shit turned out crystally but 20% stem and no budding so like crystally leafs with brown hairs haha, I know what the issues were etc so dw, Back to what the post is all about, I've decided it's time to start a grow op, anyone got any recommendations on what lights to get etc? Really not sure where to start but I'm not that idiot that just buys the first thing they think they're looking for and end up spending lots more cash than what's necessary but don't want to get products that won't live up to expectations, anyone able to help?

2. After rereading that I realize its so unspecific, What I'm asking is whats a good LED light for 1 or 2 plant set up, What's the best way for low end ventilation like I'll need, How much will running the set up cost, How long is the time from planting seed to harvesting crop, I stink out my house with weed every day and it's illegal where I'm stationed but family don't care but will I need another way to hide the smell? Like I'm assuming extracted co2 goes outdoors so if there is a scent would it be powerful enough for it to be picked up by my coast sea breeze? lots of newbie shit

3. Should I go with a hydroponic setup or does that require alot of space, space is my biggest limitation I fear.

4. I suggest you read everything in the link below then decide how you want to go about it. It'll be hard for folks to recommend anything until you understand your budget and other constraints. Personally I suggest you grow with quality soil.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/

5. Got all my shit down just got a last couple things, How much ventilation will I need for 2.75ftx3.75ftx9ft grow op? It will be on the first floor of a building in an en suite and It's located just 20-30 seconds away from the beach which means lots of fresh air/it's windy alot of the time just in case any of this has any relevance

6. Would locals be able to smell the plants by me extracting air outside then it being picked up by the wind and blown down to the front of the building or even neighboring houses?

7. Ps I am rock bottom minimum budget so even if my set up is rag tag I wont mind, The stuff in my area is such a low quality that even the cheapest of the cheapest set up should make buds twice as good.

8. My question about cost doesn't even matter, LEDS are so efficient nowadays it wouldn't even affect energy bills although now I'm typing this another thought popped into my head, Does the ventilation use much energy and how much will a ventilation set up cost and by that I just mean the tubing and the fan not the cost to run the ventilation.

9. multiply your three dimensions thats cubic feet you need a cfm fan with that rating i like to clear my room every minute as fresh comes in but with a small set up two 4 inch vent fans would do with led as long as your temps stay decent i mean theres literly a milliob ways to do it smal led in a 2x4 tent so 300 watt mars a tent one 4 inch fan and cfm with scrubber is a basic nice set up for two plants atill gonna runn you a few hundred for all before said and done

10. So it would be about 10 cubic feet? 3.75ft x 2.75ft and it's a shower so it has a ceiling about 9ft tall, Could you recommend/link me to any decent 4 inch fans? Really unsure what I'm looking for at the moment

11. Ok so I think I need a fan with about 150cmf

12. WRT your smell concerns, if you vented outside without a carbon filter, yes, people would smell it. Have you ever been walking around outside and caught just one tiny whiff of da' skunk, but known exactly what it was as soon as it hit your nose? That's what you would be creating, especially when there's not much wind. Like cats hanging around a fish market, you could end up with a professional hackey sack team sitting around your front yard all the time. There used to be a grow house around the block from me and you could smell it from the sidewalk. They got busted. Not much wondering how the fuzz found out.
    Just curious, when you say "illegal where I'm stationed but family don't care", do you mean you are enlisted, or that one of your parents is? If so, are you in base housing? If you are, getting caught will get you kicked out of housing in a hurry and whomever is the one serving will be sent up for some NJP, at a minimum. Something to consider if that is what you're saying.

13. No I mean I smoke my fam smoke and cannabis is just outright against the law