Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Inhaling

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by alex1237890, Apr 21, 2017.

1. First off, this is a really stupid question I know. I bought some bud a while back and smoked it in a glass pipe and didn't feel like I was inhaling anything, except one point where my throat burned and I coughed a lot. I bought some yesterday and smoked it today. I again didn't feel like I was inhaling anything. I went and made an apple pipe thinking it was the pipe, and my throat burned and I coughed a lot whenever I took a hit from it, but I don't feel anything besides a little off balance/dizzy sometimes. How do I inhale correctly?

2. Just keep smoking, as long as you're coughing you're doing it right and when you smoke enough you'll be high. After that you'll no longer worry about whether or not you're doing it correctly. It's not exactly rocket science.

• Like Like x 3
  3. If you don't know you're high, you're not high. Suck in air from your mouth straight into your lungs. That's how you should be inhaling. When you're new to doing it, it helps to do that (take your hit) and then also breathe in more normal air so the smoke for sure goes into your lungs. Hold for a few seconds and let it out. Since it sounds like you're new to smoking, prepare to cough a lot but that's fine your lungs just aren't used to it. Eventually they won't be bothered by it at all.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Would a bong make it easier?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think it's more a matter of holding it in. If you're coughing, it's possible you're coughing out all the smoke before it really gets into you're system. Practice without a pipe just by taking a few deep breaths. Use that same technique next time you smoke. Try to hold it in before coughing if at all possible. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  6. It's not a stupid question. You reminded me of the first time I smoked. I had emptied one of my dad's cigarettes and filled it with cannabis. I have never smoked anything so it was harsh. I didn't know how much to smoke and it took me a few tries to get high. You've gotten good advice.

• Like Like x 3
  7. It's really a matter of practice but here's some tips. So when you're taking the hit fill your lungs up like 85% then take your mouth off and fill the other 15% of your lungs with clean fresh air. And keep in mind while you're inhaling, inhale from the bottom of your lungs not the back your throat. So use your stomach and diaphragm to get a nice full hit right to the bottom of your lungs and you'll be high in no time. Stay high

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Take your finger off the hole at the end of the hit, this means that air will travel into your lungs, and you will for sure be inhaling

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you smoke cigarettes? If you do, this may make more sense.

A lot of people like myself, when they smoke cigarettes, inhale a bit into their mouth/throat mostly, then inhale fresh air WITHOUT exhaling the smoke. Then they exhale, yadda yadda.

This guarantees the smoke gets in your lungs.

Give that a try :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Oh, also, it's normal for someone to not get high the first few times they smoke :) The only reason I got stoned the first time I smoked was probably because I did a dab XP I don't recommend it, I was practically seeing time and shit.

11. Sometimes I try to focus on expanding my lungs if I think i'm just sucking on the joint. Works every time and I get some of the best hits that way.

• Like Like x 1