Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Inhaling from the nose after taking a hit

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheMysticalOne, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Do you get higher if you inhale from your nose after you take a hit ? If you don't understand what i mean here is an explanation : After you take a hit instead of exhaling normally you can open your mouth, let smoke come out and inhale it from your nose. Does this make you any higher ?

2. I think you're describing a French inhale, which is a smoke trick.

You absorb most of the THC in the first few seconds of inhaling the smoke, so no it doesn't get you any higher.

3. No it doesn't

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've seen people around here take a hit off the joint, and then put the joint up to their nose and inhale the smoke rolling off the jay. I was like wtf. Anyone else ever saw this? That's what I thought this thread was about at first, not french inhaling lol.

5. yeah if you blow it out your nose you will get higher but i can never remember to

6. You really do have a stoned mind

7. Holding smoke into your lungs is a remedy.  Essentially a french inhale (which you described) is the same thing.  Its completely useless and you wont get any higher.

Cheers,
    Blaba125 :smoking:

8. THC enters your brain receptors through the pores in your lungs. French inhaling will not get you higher in any way other than that it looks cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Idk about that but I think if you exhale out of your nose you become higher

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. It's called a French inhale and no it doesn't get you higher.

11. That's my favorite trick, but no it doesn't get you higher, if you think it does, its a psychological thing. Like how people think they get drunk drinking alcoholless beer thinking there's alcohol in it. You absorb 95% of the THC the instant it hits your lungs and the rest shortly after. Holding your breath doesn't get you higher, it stops the circulation of airflow to your brain, making you light headed, making you think your getting higher, when in reality your just killing brain cells.

/thread

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Its bad for your nasal passages

13. There is a potential to absorb more cannabinoids when inhaling thru your nose. You probably won't actually feel any different(higher), nor is this good for you.

Do not inhale smoke thru the nose.