Inhaling Copper Particles - Help

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Motoxridah, May 24, 2007.

1. Alright I have a good friend that used to smoke everyday.... the coolest, most down to earth guy. Well about 3 months ago he wanted to make a makeshift and for some reason used copper in it. Well before blowing all the excess copper dust out of the makeshift, he inhaled to see if it would work properly and ended up inhaling small copper particles into his lungs.

He is now in EXTREME pain even when he doesn't smoke. He hasnt smoked since. When he went to the doctor they said there wasnt much they could do... they deflated his lungs then re filled them but it didnt help. Its now been 3 months since this accident occured and my friend is still not able to smoke and is still in constant pain.

Does anyone know what kind of treatment he can look into? I am really concerned for him because he isnt the type to complain about pain but he is literally deblilitated because of this.

2. Wow that sounds really bad. Nothing i can think of to help if anyone is gonna know something it's the doc. This is why i always use glass.

3. Yeah man, I just find it absolutely rediculous that the doctor said he cant do anything about it. My friend was prescribed painkillers but he said it barely helps. He said even on the meds he still is in constant pain. I wanna tell him shit will get better but, theres copper in his lungs!! I dont see any ways of getting that out naturally.

4. Did he smoke weed through it? Because when copper gets hot, it releases blue smoke, (toxic chemicals). Does and probobly will hospitalize

5. nah he never had time to smoke weed through it. He had just finished making it and just inhaled air to see if it was airtight and thats when all the copper dust went into his lungs.

6. Tell him to trade those pills for some dank and ingest it instead

7. i was gonna say he should get some medical mj. i honestly have no idea. that's fucked up.

8. the only thing i can think of is that they might have cut his lungs, and may or may not heal with time. more reasons to only smoke out of glass.

9. The thing is, he has his medical card already and has plants growing. He cooks bud from time to time but he likes the whole concept of smoking. Plus hes got numerous bongs, a vaporizer, and pipes that are all just sitting there. Even his vape was too harsh on his lungs. Shitty :(

10. this is the shittiest thing I've ever heard of.

I'm deffinantly never smoking makeshift AGAIN.

11. I wouldn't entirely write off homemade pieces, just don't smoke out of copper or inhale metal.

12. man that is truly a tragedy. poor dude, i dunno even know what to say. Mabye go around to different docters or the hospital.

P.S. LOL at the guy that said get an mj card. Its 2007 and the dude lives in cali, of course he has his med card already.

13. I doubt theres much anyone can do for him short of cutting his ass open and taking a squeegee/vacuum to the walls of his lungs.

Hopefully his lungs will eventually clean themselves out natrually. It can take a while if he's got some solid irritants in there.

Definitely get a few doctor's opinions. Dont give up just because one doc sent him home. That shit is scary. Copper = no no.

He might want to look into some sort of herbal "lung cleanse" method. its worth a shot if nothing else. I've also heard that basil pills will help w/ speeding up the lung's natural cleaning process.

I really feel for the guy. Its quite unfortunate. I hope he gets some relief.

14. +rep for taking your time to give advice. I will definately recommend him go to another doctor, I just hope his medical insurance covers it. The bad thing is in the 3 months that this has been going on, he has showed absolutely no signs of improvement. :mad:

15. I prescribe two to one things, to reduce any consumption of any type of erb resulting in a high. to go out for one hour walks no joggings necessary. its very necessary to keep the air flowing through his lungs, breath through his nose not mouth, and through the stumach not chest. to have stable sleep patterns, always atleast 3-4 cups of water a day, and have a big breakfast every morning. and in the afternoon and night, to relax and have a cup of tea with no sugar, prefferably anything thats natural. your friend may be allowed to have weed tea once in a while. but if he wants to heal quicker id advise only once a week and he will heal in no time. id give him a month, contact the hospital and book a catscan to make sure its nothing serious.

also another exorsize other then walking, he may sit comfortably in a place with no sound, so he may tend to his thoughts or pain. and breath through his nose and and breath out the mouth to relax and again keep his lungs in as good shape as it could get.

send me and email at
    Mo_got_milk@hotmail.com
    if it persists. medications not necessary.

16. You do realize that this thread is from 2007?

17. haha, I can't believe this got posted in again. I'm actually interested in what happened to this guy now though.

18. Copper

Please make sure that he does some research about this condition.

Chelating elements can effectively remove copper from the body. Fortunately the lungs are very forgiving. He will have severe pneumonia like symptoms for a while, but the body will eventually rid itself of the Cupric Sulfate that he ingested.

This can happen naturally or other metals such as Zinc can help cleanse the body..Hope this helps..

...Edit..ooops...Just realized that this thread is almost three years old...Hope he didnt die.

19. hopefully hes ok...
    but maybe a pure oxygen mask...
    and like sum1 said ingest the herb, dont smoke...

20. I have researched a specific herbal formula made with Lobelia for a severe asthmatic and I think it could also help in this case. If a large enough dose is taken (3 tablespoons maximum, waiting 10 minutes between spoonfuls) it is emetic (will make him cough up toxins and puke) giving his lungs relief. It has to be made of the right type of Lobelia (Inflata), made with the seedpod and made with vinegar and alchohol in order to work. This product looks right. herb-pharm.com/catalog/lobelia-p-127.html (no www in URL) Good luck!