Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ingesting Rick Simpson's "Hemp Oil"

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Sep 11, 2010.

1. That is a fairly high rate of return. Does that include a second run?
    Do you initially stop the flow when the exhaust turns clear?
    Has the syringe been cleared of the initial loose inhale (for lack of a better word, I would pull up 30mg and allow it to settle, Then push it back to about 15 and draw again).

What strain do you prefer?

Apolagize for all the questions, but I have a brother dying that i initially provided for while he is still doing chemo and radiology chit. Almost time to try again.

2. i did not use a syringe at all.. i did run the butane through the extractor tube till it ran clear.. and this is WITHOUT a 2nd run.. for 2nd runs i suggest using popcorn style nugs on ur first run, then with your second run take the popcorn nugs grind them up and put them back int he extractor you will get significantly less and not as potent( don't know if its worth it)..

this oil consistency is like laffy taffy except maybe a little harder at times, prolly would have to heat the oil a little to get it runny in order to get it in a syringe. i would stick to indicas with higher levels of CBD's CBN's etc...

i take a new raxor blade and scrape the oil off the pyrex dish after the purging process... total process takes about 30-45 minutes because of the hot water bath...

3. I'm just learning the various ways to make the oil, but it is absolutely correct that whether it be oil, butter, etc, etc it all works quite similarly. With me, I've been making butter and found that virgin coconut oil sure is a lot better than actual "butter" it "binds" the herbal oils to the coconut oil which carries micronutrients directly into the cells, along with the THC's CBD's CBN's etc. Having such a low melt-point, allows for very little destruction of the more delicate compounds that are affected by heat, and as such, is way easier for us poor guys to extract....LOL. Burned myself good a few times, and almost blew up my house once.

I'm very interested in this butane (BHO) method, can it be done cheaply? I'm basically okay with the cannabutter (it has already accomplished some darn near miraculous health changes) however from what I've been told there is a Cmax/AUC therapeutic level for actual cures, and though I have nothing against the euphoria, sometimes the batches of butter are so strong that I get too blasted, and I never really know what to expect till I actually test-drive each batch.

Also, this is undoubtedly a stupid question, but is the bud size and density strain related? I've got a couple strains but I have NEVER been able to grow buds like I've seen on this site, either indoors or under a 1K light system.

I just don't know enough yet, and I do apologize, so at the risk of looking dumber than a bag of hammers, could someone suggest strains in Sativa and indica for me?

Thank you guys...for everything.

Vin

4. Indicas tend to be more dense than sativas

5. High grow room temperature, and not enough light will also make any strain fluffy.

6. We use the whole plant, but treat the roots differently. Roots have powerful skin medicine that requires grinding and cooking the roots - the clear filtered liquid is the medicine. Details at my site. Do NOT ingest roots or the processed liquid.

WE use trash to make some of the best medicines. If you grind or chip the stems - you can recover 8% of the stem weight in powerful oil. Shade leaves - in fact any leaf is good. Even male plants or ditch weed has oils that are medicinal. Even brown leaves have oils that can be recovered.

Buds are better, but there is a lot of medicine that is thrown away due to ignorance. Use it all

clinton

7. Sorry double post.

c

8. Words of wisdom.

I primarily smoke fractional distillation extracts. The whole plant is used in these, and GCMS results come back clean.

9. GCMS??? No clue.

clinton

10. Gas chromatography / Mass spectrometer, basically lab equipment used to test cannabis for potency, mold, contaminants.

If prop 19 passes, maybe I can post some test results. For now, its semi-confidential.

The test results basically show there is not much molecular difference between a bud extract vs a whole plant extract.

11. how is the cannabis root extract made? what medium/solvent is used? and how long after harvest/pulling will the roots be useful to make an extract, if this info is yet known, thanks for your effeorts:D

12. More than one way is possible, but i'll let someone with more expertise fill you in there.

Personally, i'm afraid of anything that used butane in the process. It's impossible to remove 100% of butane used to make an extract, there will always be residue. I say this because i've seen lab tests of a dozen high quality "pro" butane extracts that had residual butane, and none that were clean.

13. Best to pull plants and cut roots off stalk. Wash, wash, wash - if hydro it is easier to remove any dirt. These can be dried and saved to process later. Roots are ground and then slow cooked with water. The stuff is filtered and the clear liquid can be used to make ointments or other topicals.

Details in Cannabis Concoctions forum at my site. Follow signature, register, respond to site email, wait for admin approval, post an introduction - then the site opens.

clinton

14. :eek: Harmful if ingested stuff?? I believe there is someone (Sam?) in Europe doing a Rick derivitive using butane with cancer patients.

How does an ISO extraction compare, if I may ask?

15. I had to grow it.As soon as I receive, I take hemp oil ASAP number of diseases are caused by one of a rare autoimmune disease called mixed connective tissue disease. There are a variety of MCTD, but require most of the same name.

16. That's right, Sam Smith! It's great to see others who know these people besides me, ha. So many people are working so hard to change the world. If we all work together, we truly can bring on the world's greatest revolution in history. Hard to believe talk of such global and historical importance is happening on the same forum where people (including ourselves) discuss how to roll the fattest blunts, ha.

17. Butane is used in food services to pressurize dispensers of products.

Most disposable lighters are butane. It does not seem to be toxic.

Butane extractions tend to be very cerebral and stimulating. ISO quick washes, refluxing etc - make an oil much more sedative.

clinton

18. Nice thanks for the highly informative response, i thought it might be water, which is great since its relatively non-toxic or nearly not at all but that woman dying during the 'hold yer we for wii' contest ausually comes to mind:mad::eek:. but really i appreciate this response and is it the first link right?? no tthe tretaingyuorslef siter whihc itself is a fine resource.peace out.

19. i believe that indeed it the first 'blue link

20. is this because butane extracts more thc or because iso extracts more cbd, cbn, etc.?

or some other reason?