Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Infusing marijuana w/Coconut Oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MaltedGrapez, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to go about infusing marijuana with coconut oil. I've been on The Paleo Diet for a while so I'm not supposed to be consuming dairy and have found some really delicious desserts that don't use butter.

Has anyone ever infused marijuana with coconut oil and knows how to go about doing it? I'm not sure if I would do the same thing as Hashmouf does w/butter or if there is a better way to mix the THC to the oil. I can get a 1/2 oz of shake from some dispensaries near me (I'm in Orange, CA) for $60-65 so that's what I'd be using.

thanks

2. Read Badkittysmile's thread, it's a sticky in the edibles section. It should answer all of your questions.

3. i haven't tried it personally, but good on you for the paleo diet! i'm a vegan, so it's sort of similar. and i was wondering the same thing?

in theory it should be fine. thc is fat-soluble and coconut oil is almost pure fat. i'd melt to oil, grind up your weed, and marry those two in some heat for a while- should work fine

4. I just tried this recently and had great results. I agree about checking out badkats recipes. I used a modified version of her recipe and loved it. The coconut oil is optimum for canna cooking. Not just a vegan alternative.

5. I want to use shake not hash though. It looks as if BadKitty covers that too.

Thanks guys!!

6. Yes it can work, basically same process as with butter/veggie oil thc binds with the fat in the oil.

7. From what i've read from edible masters like Badkittysmiles, coconut oil is the best oil to use

Check out her sticky at the top of the forum section here