Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Infusing caramel

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Phreadhead, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Looking for a way to infuse sweetned condensed milk to make a caramel sauce. All the recipes I find online call for grinding the bud as.fine as you can. I feel this would leave a gritty texture to my sauce. I want it smooth. Any ideas?

2. ya gotta make your canna oil (strained) first.

Then use it to make the caramels.
    I use coconut oil for the extraction.
    I like the condensed sweet milk recipe, and used 1/2 regular butter and 1/2 canna oil.

Very easy recipe. One batch came out soft and chewy, my last batch was more like sugar daddy hard caramel, but they are just as good. Calibrate your thermometer!

oops, caramel sauce....well reading comprehension is hampered by .......WEED

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Best approach will be to leave the bud in a rough grind state.
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes.
    Make your canna oil then strains the extracted herb bits out. This will give you a lower strength oil as some strength is always lost in the straining as extraction to oil isn't 100%.
    Mix oil with condensed milk and your good to go.

2nd method.
    Use heavy cream to extract to then mix with condensed milk and blend well.

3rd method.
    Use Kief or Hash and add a freeze step mid processing to soften the grittiness of the kief to a smooth oil with no grit.

5 grams decarbed Cannabis, Kief, Hash, Buds, Any Concentrate
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil, Butter, Heavy Whipping Cream, Any cooking oil.
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (optional strength multiplier)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes

Strain or not as desired.
    Fills 30 (0) capsules or is
    30 doses @ 80mg each with Kief or Hash
    30 doses @ 25mg each with buds

Can be done on a stove top with care. When working with cream your in new territory as I work almost exclusively in Coconut oil.

Sweetened Condensed is around 8% fat while whipping cream is 30 to 36%. Your transfer depends on the oil-fat to break open the trichome heads and surround the THC molecule with a fat to make it easier for the THC to be absorbed by the body.
    So a high fat milk to get the initial transfer done then thin the canna high fat cream with the condensed milk for your finished product.

This was the approach MrSilly used when he and I shared a booth at a local Cannabis event. He infused everything edible we offered. The mustard was infused as was the ketchup, the relish, the oil the hot dogs were brushed with was doctored. The Ice Cream was loaded, the tea you drank was. :)

Your other approach would be to make tincture and infuse that way. Direct oil and Alcohol transfer are still the 2 best home methods we have. Depending on your local laws the higher the proof the better with 190 proof clear grain alcohol like Ever clear is the top choice.

Experiment first with a blank batch. By this I mean a dry run without actual cannabis in it but use the full extraction and cooking routine first. Many times the oil doesn't blend or the milk curdles or it just isn't right. I see it all to frequently with cannabis cooking.
    Check with Psam and his tincture thread as we have a few more cook minded posters over there.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1