Info on ZOB glass?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by alea35, Jan 7, 2011.

1. i've heard they got a new owner and that their work has gotten way better. i've heard they are in a new glass blowing studio in cali

of course all this info is from forum posts, does anyone have some info?

2. I hear HVY bought them.

3. whats the word on hvy? sorry i'm not heavy into the glass scene

4. Not too sure but i'm HIGHLY interested in the zob stemless inline tube... That prolly will be my next purchase..

5. i just bought that lol. 18" version

i wont be back home to try it out until the 16th but i'll be sure to put some info up when i get it. theres a video of it on youtube and it looks pretty aweome

6. Yea dude for sure it looks like it diffuses very well... I figured i'd just get the 14inch.. I'm not into huge tubes.. I had a 15 inch beaker once upon a time and that thing was just too big for me.. But then again i have asthma and i get choked up easy so... But i may just invest in the 18inch since its only 20 more dollars on alt..

7. you might wanna get it off ioffer, i paid less than at alt

8. They are made in the same factory by the same people it's just the owner sold his share.

It's still Mexicans on lathes 24/7 churning them out.

9. does that mean they aren't too good?

10. yea zob sucks there glass is thin

11. #11 coughee19, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2011
    i just picked up a 14' mini 8arm staright tube and ive had the 14' 10 arm fixed stem beaker with the zob 8 arm ashcatcher for a couple of months. i LOVE them both, the glass is certainly not thin, they hit beautifully and the quality is very good.

12. A lot of people on gc like zob but I have heard to many bad things so no zob for me.

Suck my zob...lol jk

13. id buy a zob, theyre a good brand but by no means perfect. but thats why theyre not the price of SG or Toro. theyre a low-mid brand. they have some really nice stuff, but sometimes you see their percs a little uneven or something, nothing big and it functions well. someone who isnt a snob (which isnt a bad thing, you know youre a snob haha) would love it.

14. ZOB bought HVY and a bunch of other companies also. The owner of my lhs is good friends with the owner of ZOB and told me all about it.

15. I have a 14 inch Zob straight tube and I like it. It's no stemline but it certainly isn't meant to be.

16. They bought the Roor.us licensing rights and now make the tubes, go look at a ZOB straight and new Roor straight and tell me they don't look exactly the same.

17. i own the the 14 inch stemline version and its just the right size. its easy to clean and store. the hit can be as big as you can take as the bowl is deceptively large. the quality definitely isnt on par with sovereignty but i didnt pay $300 for my zob.

18. ive had my zob for almost a year now and i love it! i've had so many ppl that saw it, used it and wanted to buy it off me. so now im trying to sell it to get another zob. the quality is great so idk why all the haters but i guess haters gonna hate! :hello:

19. My buddy had one of those Zob ashcatchers a while back. Ya know the one with like 8 arms..I like their glass a lot, personally.

20. I think im gonna order a 14" zob next week, or at least something in the 100-200$ range. Just looking for a straight tube, diffused downstem, and ice pinches really for my everyday smoking pipe. Perhaps I might go on t break for two weeks so I dont blow through my money. Cause I know I will be scrambling to find some bud when I get my glass in.

decisions decisions...